Premium Membership Land Options

Roziela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am looking into getting a premium membership so I can decorate/own a house. How do you choose the land option in lieu of a Linden Home? Do I have to choose a Home and then abandon it in order to gain access to the Mainland option? 

Thank you for your help!

Rozie

You don't need to mess with the Linden home at all.  

Either pull up the map, check the box for showing land for sale -- you'll see yellow areas with $ on them. Clicking the $ will tell you the size and price.  Sometimes it is easier to start with viewing the map and then start TPing to locations and see how things look.

You can also use the inworld land search, but some folks don't like it and it doesn't show everything.

There are also auctions where you can buy mainland.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Note that if you have not ever bought L$ inworld, you will have a "waiting period".  This is because it takes a financial transaction -- buying L$, buying something on the MP, paying for Premium -- to start your financial clock.  During the first 30 days of that clock you are very limited in how much L$ you can buy - and it probably won't be enough to buy a piece of land.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roziela said:

I have bought $L and have a pretty decent amount for my limit, but the premium membership option only allows you to choose a Linden Home. Is there a way to skip that?

Yeah - just don't click on that link.  I just upgraded an alt to Premium and once I finished the buy, I simply went back to my Account Summary or logged out.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.