How do we manage this angels and demons roleplay thing as a sim owner?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't realize that this RP relied on players being able to carry out their RP on other people's sims, especially when it appears that it can be disruptive to others.   Interestingly enough, according to one of the FAQS on their wiki, their sim is a safe zone.

I would expect the owner of the game to be responsive to complaints about it, and to have as a rule for their game that players cannot continue to play on a sim that has posted notices stating no angels and demons play on that sim.    Perhaps they need to do some outreach to sim owners and establish some type of opt-in for sim locations that are open for the RP to take place on their sim (with the assumption that it is not allowed on any private sim that hasn't opted in).  The idea of "grid-wide" games that don't respect non-players or private parcel/sim owner rights, doesn't sit well with me.  

On 3/17/2018 at 1:56 PM, moirakathleen said:

I didn't realize that this RP relied on players being able to carry out their RP on other people's sims, especially when it appears that it can be disruptive to others.   Interestingly enough, according to one of the FAQS on their wiki, their sim is a safe zone.

I would expect the owner of the game to be responsive to complaints about it, and to have as a rule for their game that players cannot continue to play on a sim that has posted notices stating no angels and demons play on that sim.    Perhaps they need to do some outreach to sim owners and establish some type of opt-in for sim locations that are open for the RP to take place on their sim (with the assumption that it is not allowed on any private sim that hasn't opted in).  The idea of "grid-wide" games that don't respect non-players or private parcel/sim owner rights, doesn't sit well with me.  

We have attempted to contact the owners/creators of the RP multiple times to no response, what we find is that people randomly come to the sim to kill others... Like if they say, are looking for property to buy or shopping. 

I think there needs to be an opt out, and they can establish safe zones, one big problem is they are not allowing people to even file for an opt out unless they are part of there roleplay system. I am really stressed out. If we don't want it on our sim we should be allowed to say no? Its disruptive. Short of banning people what can we do?

I to am VERY uncomfortable with "Grid-wide games where the sim owners powers are taken away." in the early days you just had to worry if combat was turned on or not. But these newer ones... hmmmm.... 

Edited by LilMatty Althouse

17 hours ago, LilMatty Althouse said:

We have attempted to contact the owners/creators of the RP multiple times to no response, what we find is that people randomly come to the sim to kill others... Like if they say, are looking for property to buy or shopping. 

I think there needs to be an opt out, and they can establish safe zones, one big problem is they are not allowing people to even file for an opt out unless they are part of there roleplay system. I am really stressed out. If we don't want it on our sim we should be allowed to say no? Its disruptive. Short of banning people what can we do?

I to am VERY uncomfortable with "Grid-wide games where the sim owners powers are taken away." in the early days you just had to worry if combat was turned on or not. But these newer ones... hmmmm.... 

If the owner isn't responsive, and you feel that the random people that arrive playing the game are too disruptive, I would put signs up stating that game is not allowed and people found playing it will be banned.   If the owner is ignoring complaints from sim owners, then the only way to get his attention might be by sim owners putting up signs stating the game is not allowed and banning people they find playing it on their sim.   You definitely are allowed to say "no" about these types of games.  

I would definitely suggest following Callum's suggestion also, to see if there is a visible identifying attachment - that way you could be pro-active with it. 

On 16 March 2018 at 9:43 PM, LilMatty Althouse said:

How do we manage this angels and demons roleplay thing as a sim owner?

Find some hardnosed b*tch who hates "RP Uber Alles" types, and give her a banhammer and unleash her...

No, I'm busy, but there are others around I'm sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.