3/14 (US) 14/3 (Everywhere Else)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

wait people get in line to get pies I thought people made them at their home in their kitchen? I could make everyone a pie

Correct. Pies aren’t that big here. In fact..you may not believe this..there are no “Pie Shops” (which specialize in pies) in most cities! And meat pies are rare except frozen!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Correct. Pies aren’t that big here. In fact..you may not believe this..there are no “Pie Shops” (which specialize in pies) in most cities! And meat pies are rare except frozen!

where I live we have bakeries with yummy cakes cookies pies you name it and the craftier they get with their desserts the yummier they are

• Like 1

There was the Blonde Avatar, who thought her Physics course was a cooking class. So, when she took the class and the professor explained the formula for the area of a circle = Pi * R (squared), the Blonde avatar jumped up and shouted, “This class is dumb! Pie are not square, everyone knows Pie are Round!”

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Gosh, it's hard to walk about my city without tripping over a pie shop - and pies that are not meat are rare.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How many digits are you guys taught for Pi? For me, it was 3.1415926.

More or less the entire number! 22/7 

Rationally; the 22nd of July is a better date than the USA celebrated one - 3.14 - as it can only ever be a fraction of the real number.

Edited by Callum Meriman
grammer is hard when making maths puns
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Gosh, it's hard to walk about my city without tripping over a pie shop - and pies that are not meat are rare.

Yes, I guessed from your previous post. Bonus, I’ve been to a pie shop that used the Pi symbol π on their signs! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes, I guessed from your previous post. Bonus, I’ve been to a pie shop that used the Pi symbol π on their signs! 

Pizza is often referred to as 'pie'.  A geek friend of my daughter opened up a pizza shop called Infinitus Pie and their symbol is:

image.png.77ba9f730f0d765e11c3045e466555a9.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

It's ok, there is so much wrong with it, it might as well be misspelled. 

I do not see anything wrong with clarifying the difference in terms a yank is not someone from the South US that is a term specific for the North 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.