Broken Firestorm help?

CIarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

22 answers to this question

Go to your dashboard at https://secondlife.com/my/ and attempt to log in with the password.  If it fails, then you are remembering it wrong, or you've typed it wrong, or someone else got access to your account and changed it.  If needed, try the steps for 'Forgot your login information'.  If someone else has managed to change your password, you'll need to submit a ticket to LL and be ready to verify the account really belongs to you.  Submit tickets at: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I assume that when you got the new computer, you downloaded the current Firestorm viewer.  When you were using the old computer, did you have Firestorm save your password?  If so, that stored password was in the old computer. The new computer can't remember it. Did you actually type the password in fresh this time?

2 minutes ago, CIarity said:

idk what it is then cause thats what i used for username

Try Rolig's suggestion and just use Clarity without the Resident part ... it is case sensitive so if you signed up with a capital C  make sure you use that or if it was lowercase c  use that

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Try Rolig's suggestion and just use Clarity without the Resident part ... it is case sensitive so if you signed up with a capital C  make sure you use that or if it was lowercase c  use that

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Are you typing in Clarity Resident as your user name?  It might not be he password that is the problem but your user name

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Your user name for this account is Clarity Resident

https://gyazo.com/9a8e5fdf2268e9c4a3e6455c75c295c8 i did this and it did the same thing

27 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I just tried to log an alt in on firestorm without using Resident  and it failed, added Resident and it worked ^_^

I logged in using Firestorm and the LL viewer by just specifying my ALTs name without 'Resident' and by adding 'Resident'.  All of the logins were successful.

22 minutes ago, CIarity said:

maybe my firestorm is broken

Can you screenshot your Firestorm login screen for us. 

Also, you can download the official LL viewer and verify your login with that.  If all goes well, then go ahead and uninstall Firestorm and re-download it and re-install it.

28 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Tthe username itself is not case sensitive - only the password.  I just logged in by using all lowercase letters for my name and it worked like a charm

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.