Selling Gatchas

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

It likely depends partly on WHERE they are selling inworld. In the gacha sim where I have a store (well a store and a stand) items are scripted so there would be no way to do that. Also it would be against the rules to send someone to another location. So if you decide to join a gacha location be sure and read the rules. 

There is no way that I know of to have ONE item in two places at a time LOL, so there would be no way to sell the exact same item. You could of course have multiples of some things and sell some on the Markeplace and some inworld.  If you have seen what seems to be duplicate sales points it may just be that they have more than one item.  

19 hours ago, Nalytha said:

Is that what most gatcha sellers do? Or do they usually only sell on one or the other?

I don't know what "most" gacha sellers do, but here are some things to consider...

• You will get a lot more views of your item(s) on the Marketplace
  • On the other hand, there are a lot of scammers on the MP, and people who know that might be reluctant to buy gacha items from there

There's a way to get around that and still get the visibility from the MP.  Only "sell" a freebie notecard on the MP, describing the sorts of things you sell and including a landmark to your yard sale site.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:14 AM, Nalytha said:

Is that what most gatcha sellers do? Or do they usually only sell on one or the other?

There are a variety of ways to sell gocha items. Some advertise and do person=to=persona sales. Sort of like RL classified or Craigslist sales.

There are single item vending machines. The SL Marketplace allows selling limited quantity items.

All seem popular.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.