Language Settings

Penny018

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This May sound a Trivial Thing, But it is Becoming Increasingly Annoying

On The MP, In the Language Settings, i have Set to English, however the MP keeps Going to Some language i never even Heard of called Indomeia or some such.

I go and Select back to english and it goes back to English, but as a Translation of the other page. If i move to Next page, It is back to Indomeia again - And So on.

In Settings i have it Set for English (Not Default) - So How do i Set it so that it remains in English??

6 hours ago, Penny018 said:

This May sound a Trivial Thing, But it is Becoming Increasingly Annoying

On The MP, In the Language Settings, i have Set to English, however the MP keeps Going to Some language i never even Heard of called Indomeia or some such.

I go and Select back to english and it goes back to English, but as a Translation of the other page. If i move to Next page, It is back to Indomeia again - And So on.

In Settings i have it Set for English (Not Default) - So How do i Set it so that it remains in English??

The only languages that the Marketplace is available in are English, Japanese, German, French, Portuguese and Spanish. Even the native spelling of these language names are nothing like what you're seeing as a language name. You may have a translation program that has installed itself into your Web browser that's doing what you're seeing; I don't see how it could be the Marketplace web site itself.

If you click a MP link that someone has posted, and their view is set for something other than English, then the URL will include the language setting. "Idioma" is Portuguese for Language, so you have probably clicked a link that has that in the URL and when signed in to view it the MP will remember that for your next view, unless you tell it otherwise, or start clearing your browser cache on a regular basis and between every marketplace viewing.

Classic example using Alexa's bear

this will change language to portugese: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/pt-BR/p/Alexa-Linden-Bear-2016/11677163

this will keep/change it to english https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alexa-Linden-Bear-2016/11677163

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.