Shondalynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I absolutely love my linden home as im sure alot of others do theirs. I do wish that Linden Labs would make the land change with the seasons though. Example: Snow for Christmas, Falling leaves in Fall, & Flowers in Spring. Does anyone know who i could talk to to see if this could become a thing?

4 answers to this question

The problem is --- not everyone in a Linden home would consider snow in December "normal". Some folks are at the beach in bikinis. 

You can of course rent land in a snow sim for the winter or live on a 512 mainland plot with no tier and make it a skybox with snow theme. All is possible :D. 

4 hours ago, Shondalynn said:

I absolutely love my linden home as im sure alot of others do theirs. I do wish that Linden Labs would make the land change with the seasons though. Example: Snow for Christmas, Falling leaves in Fall, & Flowers in Spring. Does anyone know who i could talk to to see if this could become a thing?

Whose wintertime?  Winter per SLT is summer for others. While much of the public part of the grid tends to follow the US seasons, those not in the US might not want their homes doing so.

As Chic suggested, you might want to rent or buy some land that you can landscape as you please.

Not many places in Second Life change with the seasons.  I do know of two:  My own rentals in the Masocado region of the Mainland...I decorate the area for fall, winter, and the holidays of July 4, Talk Like a Pirate Day, Halloween, and Christmas.  And Caledon, a Victorian Steampunk-themed private estate...they change the ground textures for fall, winter, spring and summer, roughly timed to those seasons in the northern hemisphere.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.