i am being threatened on sl

DarkSeraphin Ormega

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You mute her, ignore her, and walk away.  Once you have muted her, do not respond to IMs and do not accept anything you are given.  Pretend that you do not see her.  Chances are pretty good that she will get tired and go away.

Unless this behavior persists for a long time, do not bother submitting an Abuse Report. Abuse Reports meant for notifying Linden Lab of possible TOS violations. Otherwise, Linden Lab will not typically become involved in disputes between residents (see TOS, Sect. 6: "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. ")

• Like 3

Hi Darkseraphin,

If your harasser is like mine muting and blocking doesn't help. He would only make a new account or get others to help him (36 alts and counting)   However, and thank you Rolig, 6. of the TOS does say that.  6.1 and 6.2...throw the fluff out the window.  

Keep everything you get from this person.  Notecard it all but I took mine a step further and backed it up on Gyazo.  Linden Labs while having that lovely disclosure doesn't consider they could be  guilty of distribution and facilitating the crime. Oops.   

I have 89 screen shots.  Threats, harassment, computer virus attack, and now thanks to one "woman" three of them hacked my Facebook account took my ID , created 8 or 9 accounts, then did one of the nastiest things ever.   They used my ID to create a text to a nice older lady (mother to a friend) some nasty remarks.  So bad she wont tell us.  

Linden Labs disclosed it would only be tried in one jurisdiction.  California...the toughest state of 49 that makes these people held accountable.  Big fat felony, fines of upwards of 250,000 depending on what legal paper you are reading.  

These all fall under Federal law.  FBI file a IC3, careful once you file it you cant take it back.  FTC and Department of Justice are also able to help. BBB is piling up more complaints.   Its the net era people, just because its a "game" no longer makes these acts fluff.  They are real and effect the rest of your lives.  How many people have been fired for posting on Facebook?  As for the real working world, try passing a background check when you have a complaint against you for violation of the Right to Privacy Act.  And that goes over really well at family reunions.

It's not easy, and Linden will make you file an inworld report every darn time.  So I do, then submit a ticket.  Maybe one day Linden will understand they are enabling these people to commit crimes.  

Good luck, protect yourself, and maybe just maybe LL will get the hint.  3 years, one police report, countless reports, and I am not stopping.  Never give up ...Never surrender!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.