Question about magic boxes

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

WhiteBoi360 wrote:

I'm new to selling on the marketplace.. I think I have the process down now. Except I had one question about magic boxes.

Is it possible to rez one at a sandbox and have it actually working? 

Not without the owner of the Sandbox permission.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

32px-KBnote.png Note: The Magic Box must stay inworld permanently, or as long as you want to sell the items inside it.  If you don't have a permanent place to rez your Magic Box, you can buy a piece of land to keep it on.

you are going to want a permanent place.  Lack of box = failed deliveries so auto returns, etc, will harm you.  There are places that actually rent a very tiny amount of prims (I've seen some that rent 1 prim) just for magic box placement.  YOu should try those.  You NEED a secure place for the box.

Alright thanks, but I was just testing it at a sandbox just to see how it works and to make sure I am doing it right..  I am about to rent a small apartment whenever the owner is online to unlock my door:smileytongue:

But I mean I have the box up in front of me.. and on the marketplace it shows that the box is active.. but to the right, it's saying that the inventory is unable for delivery. And it's listed with a price and everything   =/

Go to the Merchant Home Page in Marketplace .. then choose Manage Inventory under the Inventory links on the left. On the Manage Inventory page, click the "Sync Magic Boxes with Marketplace" button .. wait a few minutes then refresh that page.

That should fix it.

If it doesn't, reset the Magic Box in-world, wait for it to color cycle then give it about 5 minutes more .. and "Sync ..." again.

Okay .. last ditch suggestion.

Change the name of the item in the Magic Box. First, remove it then reset the MB. Rename the item and put it back in the MB and wait for it to color cycle. Give it another few .. Sync on Marketplace .. and then look to see if it is listed with the link to "Create".

If so, do NOT Create a new listing. Instead edit the existing listing and select the item to be delivered.

Sandboxes are where you will have the merchandise you sell. It handles the delivery for you when an order comes in.

It MUST be rezzed at the same sim all the time.  ALL the time.  Otherwise, there is nothing to deliver any merchandise at all. 

Sandboxes are only for temporary usage and for folks to play with building stuff.  Almost no sandbox lets people just leave something and stay rezzed forever and ever.  You will need to have a small parcel in which to keep your box.  If you are a premium account, the LL provided houses suffice for this.  If you have a friend with land, ask if you can put down a single prim there.  Otherwise, rent a 512m spot in Mainland for cheap, decorate it some, and put the box there.

No, your sandbox plan is certain to fail.

Grrr! This is still not working!    Can someone please help me get this straightened out? Ive made a few more sells sense earlier and it's still not delivering them the item or giving me my money!

I found a video on how to do this.. but I have done everything exactly how the video instructed and this still isnt working! 

I have the box rezzed in my apartment.

Try to "give" the exact same object to an Alt or friend. If you cannot then neither will the Magic Box be able to give it.

What is the URL to your product listing? Maybe I can spot something from the outside.

As long as you've followed the basics: Gotten a new Magic Box from the Marketplace, rezzed it on a parcel where the scripts can run (it DOES change colors when you added the product to it, right?), the item is in the Contents tab and is able to be given to others .. then there is no reason I can think of that it cannot be delivered.

Have you checked the Magic Box Status page to see if it shows up there .. and that the product inside is listed?

Just ordered one of your non gesture products and received it just fine, so I see you got it working.

Purchased your gesture roughly 12 hours ago and it did acknowledge a non delivery with the message: "1 item failed with the error: Second Life communications timeout".

Going to guess that it was pointing to a Magic Box that you deleted that was no longer active, possibly one that you originally had on the sandbox.

Either way, whatever you're doing now with the new products is working, congrats :)

WhiteBoi360 wrote:

There's the link to my store.  The item is a gesture and should be the first one on there...   The other items were given to me to put on there to see if they experienced the same problem as my item

Try adding an image to the listing. I believe it won't allow delivery until there is an image. (However I'm surprised it allows a sale without it.) I also notice it's marked as having no permissions whatsoever (No Copy, No Mod, No Transfer) Make sure you completely fill out the product information page and try again.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Just ordered one of your non gesture products and received it just fine, so I see you got it working.

Purchased your gesture roughly 12 hours ago and it did acknowledge a non delivery with the message: "1 item failed with the error: Second Life communications timeout".

Going to guess that it was pointing to a Magic Box that you deleted that was no longer active, possibly one that you originally had on the sandbox.

Either way, whatever you're doing now with the new products is working, congrats
:)

Yup, what he said. Check the Magic Box Status page and remove any servers that aren't still rezzed. If you only have one rezzed, then only one should be listed. If in doubt, Remove them all, then reset the one you have rezzed and refresh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.