Gifting wish list items to a friend

BelleMorte1313

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, BelleMorte1313 said:

Is there currently a way to view the favorite marketplace items of your friends so that you can purchase and send the items as gifts?

no, thats stored in your own account, nobody has access.

Thats also why it's not wishlist, but a favorites list :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

Not without third party websites and some input from the future gift receiver, I'm afraid. 

For example, there's the website http://slwishlist.com with an eyesore design and asking for L$80 per month to host a wishlist. Whether or not those services are worth it and if they are secure ... me not know.

Then there's a "blog" solution, kept by the other person. You can view someone's favorites on FlickR, or they'll share them on a TumblR blog or on a Pinterest board.

Their MP favorites list cannot be viewed by others.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your answers.  I didn't think the favorites list could be made public, but i had heard something from a friend about him buying everything on another friend's favorites for her for her birthday some time ago and i was curious.  She must have used one of the mentioned non sl options.

Many years ago LL used to use a third party system to deal with Marketplace (XstreelSL/SLexchange) wishlists and i'm quite certain you could use it to find & buy people stuff from their wish list

The favourite list is just for personal reference with no way of organising it. if you would like to send a friend a gift you could request a marketplace link off them

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.