Catwa & SKING Neck Issues?

Waisting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I just purchased the SKING Katena body to go with my Catya mesh head but I seem to be having a bit of an issue with getting the skin tones of the neck and body to match up. I reached out to SKING support and they mentioned that using the tint slider on the head would work but I've had no luck. Has anyone had any luck with fixing this issue?

Skin_body_001.png

Never heard of that body before, to be honest, so just judging by the pic...

I take it that the body has no real applier that is meant to match your headtone? Any Omega compability? 
If you are stuck with the textures which come included with that body, your chances for a perfect match are next to 0, sorry to say. 
However, while you're trying to get a better match, you'll be well off to use a Windlight setting which eliminates shadows on your skin, for example [NB] Alpine - Skinlight RGB from the Firestorm presets.

Your best bet might be wearing any kind of neck stuff to hide the seam - a collar, a scarf, ... but even then, I find the difference between head and body texture pretty obvious.

Tinting the head would be pretty pointless in this case, as it is the darker component of the two. So what tint should you use to make it lighter? Paint it all white? 

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Never heard of that body before, to be honest, so just judging by the pic...

I take it that the body has no real applier that is meant to match your headtone? Any Omega compability? 
If you are stuck with the textures which come included with that body, your chances for a perfect match are next to 0, sorry to say. 
However, while you're trying to get a better match, you'll be well off to use a Windlight setting which eliminates shadows on your skin, for example [NB] Alpine - Skinlight RGB from the Firestorm presets.

Your best bet might be wearing any kind of neck stuff to hide the seam - a collar, a scarf, ... but even then, I find the difference between head and body texture pretty obvious.

Tinting the head would be pretty pointless in this case, as it is the darker component of the two. So what tint should you use to make it lighter? Paint it all white? 

It is compatible with Omega and a lot of people, even support said that they had no problem with getting it to match up, but I will give the wind light settings a try. For now, I've been able to use a chocker to hide it.

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

So have you tried to apply matching Omega appliers to your head and your body? It certainly doesn't look like that in the pic.

Or there's an extremely glossy layer active on that body...

I have. Each skin that  I have tried have matching omega appliers but  I think it may be the glossiness like you said. I was messing around with my settings and noticed that when I turned off Local Lights the neck was pretty much matched up with the tone of the body. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't as noticeable as the image above. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a way to turn the glossiness down. I still find this strange because like I said, I've seen people wear this body while using the Catwa head with Local Lights settings enabled and it looked fine on my end. 

Edited by Waisting

• 1 month later...

What kind of Sking body do you have? most sking bodies comes in 2 flavors, a shine version (wich has a glossy materials effect, but cant be altered) and version without shine. Judging by your picture is that you are using the shine version. Its then very difficult to match the glossyness with the head (or other body parts like feet/hands) to the sking body. If you look into the folder of your sking body, look for a version without shine in the name and try to apply the skin and see if this matches your head.

A while ago, I thought I should skip buying a new applier and tint so I got a new darker tone. I screwed up, and I could not revert back to the default state.

I just unpack a new body part when I run into such issues. I am sure you can too. Try a new copy of the body and use the Omega applier. Also turn off the surer strong light when you edit appearance. That is just horrible to match in.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.