Group Land

ezme Uritsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I contributed 512 land to a group and have been paying for a few years.  The group owner has not logged on to Second life since January and is not responding to emails.  I have tried  removing my land quota from the group using your instructions under  Group owned land/reclaiming group land.  The land still shows as not for sale after I  change my contribution to  0. So I added my contribution back.  I think another group contributor has not paid for their portion of land.  Is this what is preventing me from reclaiming my land?  Please advise me.

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, ezme Uritsky said:

I contributed 512 land to a group and have been paying for a few years.  The group owner has not logged on to Second life since January and is not responding to emails.  I have tried  removing my land quota from the group using your instructions under  Group owned land/reclaiming group land.  The land still shows as not for sale after I  change my contribution to  0. So I added my contribution back.  I think another group contributor has not paid for their portion of land.  Is this what is preventing me from reclaiming my land?  Please advise me.

You are contributing TIER, not Land to the group.  As soon as you set your conribution to zero, you may reuse that Tier any way you would like.  However, regardless of the Tier donations to the group, the Land will not show as 'for sale' unless the group owner puts it up for sale. 

Note that you will still be charged for that TIER usage for the month - TIER bills in arrears.

• Like 2

LittleMe is right.  Let's be clear on what's going on, though.

When you contribute tier to a group, you are enabling the group to pay for group-owned land.  Well, actually, YOU are agreeing to pay for that portion of it, and you're billed accordingly every month.

If you have some actual land that you DEEDED to a group, then to un-do that you must have the group ability to do so.  The group owner will, of course, have that ability, but you yourself might not, depending on the abilities granted to your group role.  If you do have the ability, then you can either set the land for sale yourself, directly, using the About Land window, or you can sell it back to yourself for $L0.  In this case, you will then own the land personally, and will pay tier on it.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Rolig is right.  Let's be clear on what's going on, though.

Well, if I'm going to be mistaken for someone, @Rolig Loonis definitely the person I would want to be mistaken for (at least here in Answers where she is legendairy).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

7 hours ago, ezme Uritsky said:

I pay yearly, but been doing it so long I dont know if its in arrears or not. so far my account says I owe zero.  But think I will set the group land I contribute to zero.  Here goes :)

This sounds like you have donated the 512 Tier that comes with you Premium membership.  You should be able to donate it to another group or buy some land and use the Tier yourself.

Side note - If you are Premium and go into arrears due to a problem with your payment method, LL confiscates your account until you settle up. Therefore, rest assured, you are not in arrears currently.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

16 hours ago, ezme Uritsky said:

I pay yearly, but been doing it so long I dont know if its in arrears or not. so far my account says I owe zero.  But think I will set the group land I contribute to zero.  Here goes :)

"In arrears" does not mean, in this case, that you owe money.  When LittleMe said "tier bills in arrears" she meant that you pay tier for the PREVIOUS month.  That is, when I pay my tier on September 26, I'm paying for the period Aug 26 -Sep 25.  This is different from paying another resident rent, or leasing land on a private estate.  In those cases, you're paying "in advance"...that is, if I pay for my estate parcel on September 26, I'm paying for the upcoming month, Sep 26 to October 25.

So, it doesn't matter how long you've been Premium.  Any and all tier payments are always "in arrears"...billed for the previous month.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.