How do we get Linden Lab to integrate NVIDIA HairWorks into Second Life?

Selc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope the graphics keep improving with time, there was some time ago some ideas to make mesh clothing wave with movement and wind, Linden Lab decided not to use it at the moment.

I hope we don't get stuck for long years without graphics improvements, when Rod Humble came as CEO he gave SL a boost, he bring mesh, real time shadows, lighting effects, it refreshed Second Life.

I hope HairWorks or something similar comes in the future, when the average user can handle it, if some can not, or prefer not, there should be an option to turn it off, not force it to anyone.

• Like 1

Considering this is a modern computer, windows only solution (requires DX11) - you won't. Too many SL residents use OS X and Linux and an even greater number have low quality video cards and laptops that would crumple under the weight of it.

I hope we don't get stuck for long years without graphics improvements, when Rod Humble came as CEO he gave SL a boost, he bring mesh, real time shadows, lighting effects, it refreshed Second Life.

We had Bento recently (under Ebbe), and Parcel Windlight and Animated Mesh are coming, according to the blog post.

Edited by Callum Meriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.