Male Skins? (Good ones?)

Finite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just started playing again after 6 years or so. Having a difficult time redressing my toons with all the new mesh. However I found my female avatar has been much easier to deal with than my male one. Female is using an old shape I've modified with Maitreya  bod, a Catwa head, and a nice skin from Corvus.

My male avie however. Completely different story. I can't seem to find anything decent. He is using Adam bod, Catwa head, but has yet to find a skin in similar quality to what can be found for the ladies.

I've been browsing the market and following leads for a few weeks now with no luck. Where are all the good guys at?

-Fini

Snapshot _ The Avenue Shopping Centre, Whispering Winds (80, 27.png

Of course we have different opinions, but for me Gac Akina is the top. His store is Stray Dog. He has a solid range, asian, african, european, not only one kind of european, sell all his faces w/without brows and freckles, easy to make them more unique by using other eyebrows.

Aeros avatars, maybe you remember them, started making Catwa appliers and the Jake body appliers is a work in progress.

Calling Skell Dagger for more....

• Like 1

And Avenge. I forgot them.

I am not up to date, who makes body appliers for Jake now. They should make appliers for that body, I think it will be popular. Edit: Sorry, I had a strange moment there, I thought you said you had the Jake body. That makes it a bit different. You may try Signature body applier demos and see if they work for Adam.

L'Etre had no body appliers up in the store last time I was there. It's a long story, maybe it is solved now.

Edited by Marianne Little

My friends husband went with Stray Dog recently for body/face when he got a Catwa Daniel head, I have to admit, he looks dammed good.  

We were hanging out together at the time and he did have some issues first, it was just the signature Gianni they make it for, supposedly they are going to do the other bodies but last I heard next up is Belleza male and, who knows when they will come.

Now, he has slink but it worked with omega with his slink body, only issue was the feet looked really off with the slink feet, same issue I get on the Belleza female, I only demoed it but my friend unfortunately bought it without noticing and has the same issue where the toes look mutated.  

If I remember right he just reverted the feet to his old skin and the ankles are close enough of a match till they do a real slink applier. He did demo the Gianni body for us which was really nice and he was going to get it till we noticed it has some serious gorilla arm weirdness going on so he's still stuck on slink for now.  /meh 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You may try Signature body applier demos and see if they work for Adam.

L'Etre had no body appliers up in the store last time I was there. It's a long story, maybe it is solved now.

Adam is Omega compatible, should be not to difficult to find some skins, and indeed try some Signature omega appliers, they might work.

what i heared l etre is  back with at least one skin now .. not sure the other previous will come back.

@Cara it's not really about Slink or Signature likings, OP has a Adam body.

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Adam is Omega compatible, should be not to difficult to find some skins, and indeed try some Signature omega appliers, they might work.

what i heared l etre is  back with at least one skin now .. not sure the other previous will come back.

@Cara it's not really about Slink or Signature likings, OP has a Adam body.

Yes, I went off on a tangent, my original point was just that, despite it being advertised and sold as Gianni only it worked for his slink for the most part so may work in the same way for Adam or any others that support omega. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

some more :

Clef de Peau

7 Deadly S[k]ins

Egozy

l etre

Avi Glam

Birth

Nivaro

Samurai

Thanks for the shopping list! I've tried L'Etre. They seem to be having some legal issues right now, but will certainly try the rest thanks.

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And Avenge. I forgot them.

I tried Avenge and didn't really have a good experience when asking some basic questions about a skin. Basically it was advertised as being compatible  with Catwa Daniel while also offering matching shapes at the shop. When I brought up that the shapes in the shop were not meant for Daniel he abruptly deleted all the remarks in the comments of the item in question.

12 minutes ago, Finite said:

I tried Avenge and didn't really have a good experience when asking some basic questions about a skin. Basically it was advertised as being compatible  with Catwa Daniel while also offering matching shapes at the shop. When I brought up that the shapes in the shop were not meant for Daniel he abruptly deleted all the remarks in the comments of the item in question.

Sad to hear that. Some years ago, before mesh heads and bodies, I (my alt) was wearing Hermony skins. I really loved them. Hermony has started to make appliers, first for the Signature head, and now one for Catwa heads. I don't think he has body appliers yet, as last I heard, he only made a face to match the body of Signature Giannis built in skins. Only one Catwa applier so far, and a really attractive face with brows to die for!

Sadly Hermanni Laville does not work fast, as opposed to Gac Akina who releases a new skin any other week, I think. Before you buy a skin, check his Flickr. Because he has skins in several events, not only in his mainstore. At this moment, I think he has a different skin in three events, TMD, The Fetish Fair, and The Mancave. Or more. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gac_akina/with/36186269326/

42 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Sad to hear that. Some years ago, before mesh heads and bodies, I (my alt) was wearing Hermony skins. I really loved them. Hermony has started to make appliers, first for the Signature head, and now one for Catwa heads. I don't think he has body appliers yet, as last I heard, he only made a face to match the body of Signature Giannis built in skins. Only one Catwa applier so far, and a really attractive face with brows to die for!

Sadly Hermanni Laville does not work fast, as opposed to Gac Akina who releases a new skin any other week, I think. Before you buy a skin, check his Flickr. Because he has skins in several events, not only in his mainstore. At this moment, I think he has a different skin in three events, TMD, The Fetish Fair, and The Mancave. Or more. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gac_akina/with/36186269326/

I just happened to buy a Sig Giannis bod last night but haven't had a chance to work on it yet. So I will certainly give this a look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.