Friend having issues with seeing Display names

SilverienaWindren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a friend who is having trouble seeing display names, now I was trying to look to forums with a issue like this but I was having a hard time finding the right one so I wouldn't have to make a new post.

Anyway the issue is he is seeing the display name as boxes because I and another have changed our display names into fancy font ones, is there anyway he is able to see fonts and special chatacter names.

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SilverienaWindren said:

I have a friend who is having trouble seeing display names, now I was trying to look to forums with a issue like this but I was having a hard time finding the right one so I wouldn't have to make a new post.

Anyway the issue is he is seeing the display name as boxes because I and another have changed our display names into fancy font ones, is there anyway he is able to see fonts and special chatacter names.

simply means your friends doesn't have the fonts installed on his machine that are needed to show the fancy pansy symbols you use.

Follow the "less is more" philosophy and you will notice more people can read ánd pronounce it... use standard fonts with one or two symbols will make it a lot easier.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Follow the "less is more" philosophy and you will notice more people can read ánd pronounce it... use standard fonts with one or two symbols will make it a lot easier.

Agreed.  Those nonstandard characters are really annoying.  They don't display well in message boards or game boards in clubs, they give merchants nightmares because they often don't record properly in sales records or forwarded e-mail, and they are hard to read and pronounce.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.