Looking for this choker

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no it isn't... if there are , as said, kits to create it, it's perfectly normal

Wasn't the kit information shared after she said that?  I'm almost certain that statement  was made 5 days later.

On 7/13/2017 at 5:48 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

no it isn't... if there are , as said, kits to create it, it's perfectly normal

You do realize if the choker is from a kit, it implies that you can't edit the model, you can only retexture it?

Like I said above, the two chokers are 95% identical in model if you look at the o-ring, studs and lock carefully, meaning they're not completely identical, thus NOT from the same kit.

Also, I bought the Pink Acid choker and inspected it, unless the creator bought the .dae (which first of all is extremely rare, 99% of kit sellers never provide the .dae, and secondly I highly doubt since I believe Pink Acid does create original mesh), it's not from a kit.

Either way, one product is stupidly priced at 499, while the other is a reasonable 65, kinda obvious which one to get. Some creators just have zero clue how to assign a competitive price to their product. I've seen mesh kit resellers (ie not original mesh) sell each colour of their retexture for like 299L, while the store next door sells entire fatpack of the exact same mesh model for like 200...

Edited by Suki Hirano
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Suki Hirano said:

You do realize if the choker is from a kit, it implies that you can't edit the model, you can only retexture it?

so?... thats where it's meant for

6 hours ago, Suki Hirano said:

one product is stupidly priced at 499, while the other is a reasonable 65,

that's called "free market"

not thát difficult... it's how it works in rl too .. for the same pack of cookies you pay 1 usd/euro in the one store, and the other one at the corner sells it for 75 cts

13 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

so?... thats where it's meant for

Clearly you're having problems comprehending what we're talking about here.

I was stating that the models of the 2 chokers look 95% identical. What does that mean? It means one of three things:

• One of the creators saw the other choker and liked it, and simply recreated it in some 3D program like Blender to make it look identical but some very minor differences, which lands on the grey area of legal/illegal
  • One of the creators ripped the 3D model of the other choker, and made some minor edits, and is now selling it as a new product, clearly illegal
  • Both chokers are from a mesh kit which provided its .dae, one of the creators simply made minor edits to it

Since I highly doubt they're from a mesh kit, both bullets 1 and 2 can be summed up into one word, suspicious, which is the word I used earlier. What would be your reaction if you saw two 95% identical objects from 2 different stores in SL marketplace, that's likely NOT from a kit?

13 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that's called "free market"

not thát difficult... it's how it works in rl too .. for the same pack of cookies you pay 1 usd/euro in the one store, and the other one at the corner sells it for 75 cts

No need to educate me on grade 1 economics, especially since you clearly don't understand the meaning of what I wrote. No one's talking about the ability to charge stupid prices, I'm talking about how silly/stupid it is to charge 6+ times more than the person next door, despite being perfectly legal. Does that mean it's wise? No it means you're either stupid or too lazy to research current competitor prices, or has a devout cult of brainless idiots who will follow your brand for no reason or because they aren't aware other brands exist. Comparing that to a $1/$0.75 price difference is just silly, you think there's any problem with charging 90L? I'm talking about more than 6 times the price here. You think people will call you smart if you charge $20USD per candy bar while the store 5 ft away charges $2? And you do realize that a huge portion of free market is competition right? AKA charging similar prices for similar products?

Edited by Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.