Search term issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Linden Labs, 

I am the owner/operator of "Bounds Broken" a business in Second Life. 
I have made sure to check "Show Place in Search (L$30/week)." 
I have asked some of our group members to check land and see if that has been checked on their view and they have told me it's not showing as checked. 
We've also noticed that when someone attempts to search for "Bounds Broken" in the Websearch, the business does NOT show at all. https://gyazo.com/a74fbfc3e2f94fc7a4f12e42e64b24c9
Although, when one searches "Places" it does show. https://gyazo.com/14da92d7676286d088485626f2d44872
This has been happening since we opened our business and it is costing us potential clients/group members/donators to the SIM.  I'm frustrated and quite frankly fed up. I've asked in several viewer associated help
groups and they have all agreed that this is a Linden Labs issue, not a viewer related issue. 
Most people when searching will use the default Websearch at the top of their viewer screen to search. It's only the more advanced users who tend to use the Places, People..etc, tabs. 
This needs to be corrected immediately. 

Thank you, 

AndersonAugustine resident

Places Search.png

Web Search.png

Well I WAS going to tell you that Places listings don't show up well in websearch but certainly do in Places searches.  Since I seldom use websearch though I did a test and my store came up when I searched for it.  I ONLY have an "ad" in Places.  Honestly I was surprised.  

I teleported over and I did not see the check mark in show in search.

So I was wrong on that ^^ :D

websearch.thumb.PNG.fcd27fbc051221dc7a78249b93249393.PNG

• I would FIRST check to see if you are being charged each week. 
  • If there is someone besides you that can check that box (assuming it looks unchecked to them also) then I would have them check the box and see if it sticks. 
  • If you are the only one that can check the box, then I would try logging in with a different viewer (the Linden Viewer maybe if you don't normally use that) and see if the box THEN looks unchecked to you. You could then check it in that viewer and see if it sticks.

If none of that works, you can send in a ticket telling them all that you have tried. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well I WAS going to tell you that Places listings don't show up well in websearch but certainly do in Places searches.  Since I seldom use websearch though I did a test and my store came up when I searched for it.  I ONLY have an "ad" in Places.  Honestly I was surprised.  

I teleported over and I did not see the check mark in show in search.

So I was wrong on that ^^ :D

websearch.thumb.PNG.fcd27fbc051221dc7a78249b93249393.PNG

• I would FIRST check to see if you are being charged each week. 
  • If there is someone besides you that can check that box (assuming it looks unchecked to them also) then I would have them check the box and see if it sticks. 
  • If you are the only one that can check the box, then I would try logging in with a different viewer (the Linden Viewer maybe if you don't normally use that) and see if the box THEN looks unchecked to you. You could then check it in that viewer and see if it sticks.

If none of that works, you can send in a ticket telling them all that you have tried. 

tried all you have said and it is still the same , boo hoo, have no idea what to do next 

3 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Remove the words a.g.e p.l.a.y from the parcel description & it should show in web search,

Well that sounds like a very good idea since that is AGAINST THE TOS!   But the land tab isn't showing as being checked. Does that mean that The Lab refuses to list but "overlooks" the breach?  Puzzling for sure. I didn't actually READ the land info. I was in and out in less than five seconds LOL. 

3 hours ago, AndersonAugustine said:

so we wanted to cover ourselves by putting that in there, but it seems it was wrong

not only wrong, it is totally forbidden and in serious cases it can lead to contact RL autorities,

It could deliver the owner/group/land a full and permanent Ban, total ejection of SL. And not allowed to create a new account.

Check your description carefully, AND do not make it possible to do such activities on your land, or you will get in trouble sooner or later.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

They were not advertising a.g.e p.l.a.y on this parcel.
The parcel description said "NO a.g.e p.l.a.y"
But having the term a.g.e p.l.a.y in the parcel description will stop the parcel being listed in web search, which will filter out locations with certain terms.

I see this problem is fixed now.
"No a.g.e p.l.a.y" has been replaced with "No child or child-like avatars" & the parcel is now listed in web search.

As for the "Show place in search (L$30 a week)" option looking unticked to those looking in About land -> Options, only those with the power to toggle that setting will see if it's ticked.
VWR-5135 - Search Places Check Box Not Showing as Checked to non-land-owners

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.