Limit access to 30-day avatars in secon life

IralmaC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings.

I have a sim, not a region, just a sim. I need to block access to avatars with less than 30 days in secon life, so: Does anyone know how to do this?

How can I prevent access to avatars with less than x amount of days, maximum 30 .... There is some script, security orb.

I hope you can help me and in advance, thanks for your answers.

• 6 years later...
21 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

What about for the opposite ? If I want avatars from 0 days old to 30 days old maximum, and an access for staff/owners that would be older, of course

That must be possible , no ?

Definitely possible but this is a very old thread and there have been new features added to the scripting language that could make it considerably simpler and/or more functional than merely reversing the logic of the cited script.

Regardless, the exception to allow staff / owners is apt to be a maintenance pain for the owner because there's no way for a script to tell (without a bot's assistance) whether a particular agent has any special role in a group. If everybody in some group is to be allowed and they don't mind needing to have that group active to avoid being booted, that's one possibility, otherwise it'll take a manually updated notecard listing permitted avatar names (and a little more scripting).

Finally I'd note that the most resource-intensive thing this script would do (llGetAgentList(), to replace both the sensor and llOverMyLand functions in the earlier script) is the same function that would be used by a modern security orb or visitor greeter/counter, so if any of those are planned there'd be some savings in combining it all into one script.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.