My AV Looks Like An Egg In New Viewer, What Do I Do?

Saoirse Morrisey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi:smileyhappy:,  I just downloaded the new viewer 2, mainly because I know ultimately I will have to get used to it, still don't like it though.  Anyway, have logged on and off several times and my avatar looks like an egg sphere!  I've tried a few things, clearing cache files, rebooting, putting on a basic avatar shape from the library, still nothing but egg!!  I know it's coming up to Easter, but I really don't want to be an egg!  

Any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Saoirse

I had the same thing happen to me, it turned out I was actually a cloud but because I had my particles turned right down I looked like a white egg instead.  The problem lay with my internet connection and after that was sorted I was back to normal.  Sorry this doesn't really help much, but trying the fixes for being a cloud may help.  Hope you manage to fix it soon :)

This has happened to me too before. But not just in v2. Its hit me in the old viewer, and I think imprudence and another. Maybe 3 or 4 times over the years.

I'm not sure what t was related to or how I fixed it... I think what you're seeing is your agent rather than your avatar.

Try hitting a very low lag sim (the new G-rated Bay City is great for this - land flippers are listing the land so high that no one's been able to buy any of it yet, so you have vast swathes of empty lag free sims), removing all your stuff, and then doing all the cache clearing, relogging, default avatar swaping, and etc. Just in case that is part of it.

I'm pretty sure that when it hit me, it just sort of poofed away a bit later, but its been a while since I've seen the problem.

Typically if its a high population area, rezzing will take time.

Another factor is if you are trying to rez next to a lot of people.

If I am in a popular area, I head for a deserted area, strip down to nothing, and click to wear each piece of clothing individually. This way, I am not loading all of my prims as ahuge bulk, kind of like dumping an entire bucket of water in a funnel versus slowly pouring the water into the same funnel.

If your have any animated or bling, wear them last.

Thanks very much for all your replies:smileyhappy:  Jodi was right about my "egg" really being a cloud, I had my viewer set to lowest on the graphics, when i put it up to high, I became a cloud.  But, so far no luck on actually becoming my av.  I have tried everything I can think of, changing shapes, stripping off, flying to the most remote spot I can find, and nothing is changing for me.  

I actually had trouble flying at all the last time I logged on, for some reason I kept falling, not sure what that was about.  But I have no trouble in the old viewer, so I'll have to stick with that for the time being.

Does anyone know if this is an ongoing problem with the new viewer?

Thanks again for your replies,

Saoirse

Well, Saoirse...

It's not a problem at all, it's a special delivery service, the "Millennium Easter Egg Supply for 2011".

The reason why you keep falling is because you're supposed to land in a pan. Stripping off was a wise decision, because most rezidents want their eggs without shell. All you have to do now is to decide if you want to be delivered sugared or spiced.

Option A - Sugared:

Stay as you are, stripped, and while you're falling, get three teaspoons of sugar ready. When you hit the ground and become squashed, dance in the pan with the sugar until you get a feeling of harmony and unity. Wait for a big spoon who lifts you up and close your eyes. Mmmmm... Sooo sweet and tasty!

Option B - Spiced:

Again, stay as you are, stripped, and while you're falling make friends with a half teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of pepper, and two teaspoons of random spice of your choice (this one is called egg surprise!). When you squish in the pan, wait until your feet feel burning hot, and you feel kind of stiff. A fork will offer you a lift. Close your eyes and accept that offer.

By April 26, the season for eggs is over and you can rebake. Please don't pretend to be lamb, pork or beef when you're not an egg anymore. SL rezidents are gourmets who can't be fooled easily. By pretending to be anything else than an egg you'll only spoil our inworld experience.

With kind regards - Your Millennium 

go to the Advanced menu (if you dont see it press ctrl+alt+d )

and at the bottom of the menu choose "show debug settings"

the Debug Settings window will appear and in the search bar of the window write "RenderUnloadedAvatar"

select True and close the Debug Settings window

your avatar should appear immediately

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all your replies:smileyhappy:  

Millennium, it's a good thing I'm not a vegan, great "recipes" though!

Finally, I'm no longer an egg, thanks to Canorro for the de bugging solution, which seems to have done the trick, or perhaps it's because Easter is over and SL was just playing a silly joke!:smileyhappy:

Thanks again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.