Donmcybertect

Unable to rez objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently created a skybox and landscaped it with an Inverse "sky platform" which gave me grass in a cliff like surrounding but now, when I go to place other objects it says that I cannot rez because the owner hasn't given me permission. I checked, and I'm showing up as the owner. What gives?

11 answers to this question

Are you confident that your skybox is entirely over your own land, and that things you are trying to rez are not lapping onto your neighbor's parcel?

Yes, I think that's the problem. Trying to rez on a  mesh surface. Yes I can Rez at ground level. I have to Rez at ground-level and move it up to the sky box?

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Are you confident that your skybox is entirely over your own land, and that things you are trying to rez are not lapping onto your neighbor's parcel?

Yes I double checked that. It appears to be all right.

7 minutes ago, Donmcybertect said:

Yes I double checked that. It appears to be all right.

Then Whirly's questions are probably where you want to focus your attention.

11 hours ago, Donmcybertect said:

I have to Rez at ground-level and move it up to the sky box?

No hopefully not that drastic!
If you rez a fresh box prim with the build tool (that should work) and stretch the prim to a small rezzing platform shape you should hopefully be able to rez from inventory onto that prim & then edit the items into place.

• Like 2

It's probably a sculpt rather than a mesh surface. Making mesh ground and floors you can't rez on is a beginner's mistake and I can't imagine Inverse would do anything like that. They do have at least one skybox with sculpt ground though and with sculpts there is no solution except for adding a prim as Whirly suggested.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's probably a sculpt rather than a mesh surface. Making mesh ground and floors you can't rez on is a beginner's mistake and I can't imagine Inverse would do anything like that. They do have at least one skybox with sculpt ground though and with sculpts there is no solution except for adding a prim as Whirly suggested.

I do believe it is a sculpt. Just so I understand; is there a way to make a mesh that can be rezzed on? And, if so, where might I find more information on this?

Edited by Donmcybertect

31 minutes ago, Donmcybertect said:

I do believe it is a sculpt. Just so I understand; is there a way to make a mesh that can be rezzed on? And, if so, where might I find more information on this?

By sheer coincidence we happened to be discussing that in another thread just now ^_^

Edited by ChinRey
Typo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.