Unable to rez objects

Donmcybertect

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently created a skybox and landscaped it with an Inverse "sky platform" which gave me grass in a cliff like surrounding but now, when I go to place other objects it says that I cannot rez because the owner hasn't given me permission. I checked, and I'm showing up as the owner. What gives?

11 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Donmcybertect said:

I have to Rez at ground-level and move it up to the sky box?

No hopefully not that drastic!
If you rez a fresh box prim with the build tool (that should work) and stretch the prim to a small rezzing platform shape you should hopefully be able to rez from inventory onto that prim & then edit the items into place.

• Like 2

It's probably a sculpt rather than a mesh surface. Making mesh ground and floors you can't rez on is a beginner's mistake and I can't imagine Inverse would do anything like that. They do have at least one skybox with sculpt ground though and with sculpts there is no solution except for adding a prim as Whirly suggested.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's probably a sculpt rather than a mesh surface. Making mesh ground and floors you can't rez on is a beginner's mistake and I can't imagine Inverse would do anything like that. They do have at least one skybox with sculpt ground though and with sculpts there is no solution except for adding a prim as Whirly suggested.

I do believe it is a sculpt. Just so I understand; is there a way to make a mesh that can be rezzed on? And, if so, where might I find more information on this?

Edited by Donmcybertect

31 minutes ago, Donmcybertect said:

I do believe it is a sculpt. Just so I understand; is there a way to make a mesh that can be rezzed on? And, if so, where might I find more information on this?

By sheer coincidence we happened to be discussing that in another thread just now ^_^

Edited by ChinRey
Typo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.