Linden and Paypal without bank account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I've looked through multiple threads and tried a few things, but am unable to figure out a solution. I've read that it's possible to purchase L with your paypal wallet money as long as there is another card attached to your account to get money. I have a credit card attached to my Paypal and as far as I can tell am verified with a basic account and have it as my preferred method. Whenever I try to attach my paypal to SL it says I must have a bank account attached. Did something change? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thanks for any help!

Things are constantly changing and "tightening", partly because of fraud. I have seen other threads where are verified bank account was needed. I have not clue, but you might want to look up "Skrill" or something close to that --- someone will know -- as that is apparently an optional way to buy lindens.

The easiest thing if you can would be to attach a bank account to your Paypal :D. 

3 hours ago, Rhia Janick said:

Hi there,

I've looked through multiple threads and tried a few things, but am unable to figure out a solution. I've read that it's possible to purchase L with your paypal wallet money as long as there is another card attached to your account to get money. I have a credit card attached to my Paypal and as far as I can tell am verified with a basic account and have it as my preferred method. Whenever I try to attach my paypal to SL it says I must have a bank account attached. Did something change? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thanks for any help!

Paypal, and Skrill, yes both, have to be verified by a CC or Bankaccount.

If you doubt if your account (paypal or skrll) is verified, you most likely are not, because it's a bit different path than clicking a link to confirm so you would remember ;)

Paypal doesn't always call it verified but controlled, depending where you are.

If you have verified with a bankaccount you mostly have to be sure there still are enough funds on the paypal/skrill, because when your bank doesn't allow instant withdraw the payment to LL will fail. They will not take the risk there follows no payment to your buy.

The most likely, not only, solution is you really check if your account at paypal really is verified/controlled, you have to be at their support, LL can be of no help in that.

To check to see if your PayPal really is verified - log in to PayPal and in the bottom left of the Summary page click the link saying "See how much you can send with PayPal".  The resulting page will tell you if it is verified or not.  The PayPal account MUST be verified before you can use it to purchase L$.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.