WORLD MAP SHADOWS on Neighbours Land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have shadows not prims coming from what seems to be my land over to my neighbors on the "World Map".  Not sure what would be the cause and how to correct it.  I did notice as i flew up to 4096m on the mini map shadows from the neighbours lot over mine.  We have in all cases built to the border is there any way to stop this from showing on the world map the neighbour is not appreciative of the shadows.  Any information or advice would be appreciated.  As shown in this gyazo link: https://gyazo.com/b09d36403cd322649542972997db31f4

Just curious....  does it create a shadow on his actual land? or just over his land on the world map?  If it's just the world map, it seems like he's being pretty sensitive and nit-picky (in my opinion, anyway).    I'm also wondering, if you both built to the parcel edges, how could one tell which parcel on the map the shadow is originating from?  Interesting problem...

When the photo of the land gets taken it almost always shows the "rezzing" shape of an item, not the finished rezzed shape (unless it is a prim or a mesh VERY similar to a prim). That is what you are seeing, not a shadow at all. It has to be below 300 meters (think that is still correct) or it will not show on the map. So if you have something at ground level like a sculpt mountain range that is what you are seeing. 

I actually went over to what I believe is your place (I guessed from your photo) and yes, BIG mountain ranges with undoubtedly giant bounding boxes while rezzing (some are SO VERY SLOW).  The only way to get rid of the "shadow" is to take down the mountains OR move them to the other side of the sim with no neighbor -- but then that pretty much negates WHY you put them up in the first place LOL.

Now you know. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.