My avatar keeps blurring out and IM constantly having to click the "rebake textures" why?

Bee Hazelnut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar's appearance keeps blurring out and I am constantly having to click "rebake textures" in the advance tab which makes it go bk to normal but seconds later my avatar blurs out again.

Here is a short video of it happening

http://youtu.be/bXiU5NVozHY

why does this keep happening and how can I stop my avatar blurring out

thank u in advance

Bee Hazelnut

9 answers to this question

Is it just you seeing you as blurry or everyone else too?

Try TP`ing to Smith (as things load faster there) clear your cache and relog back to Smith. When you get back in, open your inventory and stay there without moving around or anything until your inventory has finished fully reloading.

If that doesn`t fix it or if everyone is seeing you that way, post back here by using "Comments".

EDIT: If you are using v2 you could also try: Dev menu > Rendering > Full Res Textures

If you have to keep rebaking all the ime, start looking carefully at your internet connection.  Bake failure is almost always a symptom of a flaky connection.  If you're on wireless, get off it.  Move to a direct cable connection.  A lot of people have bandwidth loss and interference from other sources, making SL problematic for them.  Then, be sure that the drivers for your modem and router are up to date, and reboot both of them.  Just unplug them, take a long walk, and plug them back in. Finally, check your statistics bar in SL to be sure that you don't have any packet loss.  If you do, try readjusting your maximum bandwidth setting in Preferences.

Texture blurring could also mean simply that there is not enough texture memory. There could be a clue to this in what Peewee asked; whether it is only your own avatar that is blurred or others too.

Oh, I forgot; Does the blurring happen imidiately after you log in or does it start a while after logging in to SL?

The performance panel Rolig mentioned also list texture memory use. Check the figures against what your graphics card has. It is not directly comparable, though, because textures are also swapped to disk at times.

- Luc -

Peewee Musytari i have taken ur advice (just because it was the simpliest possible solution, coz i cant use wire connection coz of the location of my hub) clearing my cache seemed to work, its been a whole day and i haven't seen my avatar blur not once. but i am still keeping my eye out in case it does.

if it does i will take Rolig Loon advice and switch to cable to see if that helps. (but how do i check my drivers for my modem and router are up to date?)

thank u very much for the quick responce. this has been a problem for so long now.

to answer the question, i do believe it is just me that sees me blurry

Keeping your drivers up to date is as simple as doing a Google search for "driver for XYZ router, model #1234". Manufacturers maintain download sites for their current drivers. You can check your own computer's configuration by looking in My Computer or its equivalent.

Permalink - im very computer dumb lol, where would i find the router number. but i do think my labtop updates itself coz was checking my control panel on my laptop and i got automatically install updates enabled.

my avatar blurs out again...SMH

Some people have posted about the same blurry avvie problem with the latest viewer update, have you also updated your viewer? If so, try downloading the previous viewer from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers and switching of automatic updates in your preferences so that it doesn`t update you back to the latest one again if that turns out to be the cause of the problem.

Bee, your router is not IN your computer, so it's not one of those components that are typically updated automatically. It is the device that sits between your computer and your modem, potentially connecting two or more computers, printers, or wireless devices to the modem and then to the internet. The name and model number of the router are printed right on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.