Problems buying Linden Dollars

LydiaStorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to buy Linden Dollars for several days,but each time,i have the error message saying there was a problem chargeing my payment method even i have money on my bank account and my credit card is still in accepted payment methods.

I buy some L$ every month with the same credit card and i never had any problem..what is wrong,that time?

i even called my bank, and the assistance of my bank searched what was the problem:the problem isn't my credit card,they said that something has been done in an unusual way by someone in charge of L$ purchasing and that blocks French credit cards..so please DO THE NECESSARY FOR I CAN BUY MY L$ AS I ALWAYS DID FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS,that will be my only warning.

If i lose my family land because i can't pay my rents cause i can't buy L$,i won't be the only one having problems.

Edited by LydiaStorm

5 answers to this question

The fact that you are asking the bank for assistance suggests that you may be using a bank card -- a debit card -- rather than a regular credit card.  If so, that is the root of your problem. Linden Lab changed its credit processing system over a year ago and no longer accepts new debit cards of prepaid credit cards of any kind.  I suspect that your card was recently updated or reissued by the bank.  That would have also meant that Linden Lab's credit processor would have noticed the change and rejected it.  If you do not have access to a standard credit card, you should probably start using a verified PayPal or Skrill account to pay your bills in SL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The fact that you are asking the bank for assistance suggests that you may be using a bank card -- a debit card -- rather than a regular credit card.  If so, that is the root of your problem. Linden Lab changed its credit processing system over a year ago and no longer accepts new debit cards of prepaid credit cards of any kind.  I suspect that your card was recently updated or reissued by the bank.  That would have also meant that Linden Lab's credit processor would have noticed the change and rejected it.  If you do not have access to a standard credit card, you should probably start using a verified PayPal or Skrill account to pay your bills in SL.

I use a Visa Electron credit card,and it is still accepted as payment method.So the problem isn't my credit card,but something that Linden Lab did in an unusual way,as my bank said.You say that Linden Lab changed the credit processing over a year ago,but last month,i still could buy L$ with the same credit card..So something has been done wrong by Linden Labs that time:my bank said it affects all the French credit cards..And about Paypal,the problem is Paypal doesn't accept the Visa Electron credit card,so i can't use it...

• Like 1

Yes, you're right. A Visa Electron card should be acceptable, as long as you are not a U.S. resident.  My earlier guess cannot be correct, then.  It looks like you have two possible choices.  One is to open a PayPal account that is verified by your bank.  You can certainly do that, and as long as you maintain a cash balance in the PayPal account that is high enough to pay for any bills from Linden Lab immediately, you should have no trouble.  Because banks cannot transfer money rapidly enough to make instant on-line payments, that PayPal cash balance is important.  The other possibility is to talk directly with the Linden Lab billing office, to see if they can figure out why your Visa Electron card is being rejected.  This is a holiday weekend, so you may need to wait until Monday (which is not a holiday in the U.S.).  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

Greetings All !Yes me too first time today I have troubles with my account try to buy Linden " Not working . I have not change my Debit card .I have premium account for many years.

And just pay again in April one year. So meaning end to buy Linden. Wow Wonderful. If anyone have any Idea what to do will be great

Thank you to anyone for read me (about this  horrible issue). I wish you all good luck.

Kind Regards to you all      Saskia xx

7 minutes ago, Saskia Krokus said:

. If anyone have any Idea what to do will be great

stop using debit cards .. they are known to cause problems sooner or later, and most don't even work from start.

You can use verified Paypal / Skrill or the major real Credit Cards.

If you verified paypal you most likely can use the debit card to load on the paypal account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.