Jump to content
  • 0

Blocklist


Minx Kurosawa
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know this topic have already been discuss many times before. I just need to know is there any option to permanently block someone to where they cannot be removed from the block list? There needs to be an option for that.

Here's what I've been told.

1. You can only block someone up to 30 days before linden cleans the list.

2. The resident blocked, is only removed when the account is canceled/banned

3. If you IM them, that takes them off the blocklist.

Here's my problem

1. Neither of the accounts put on the block list were canceled or banned

2. I  RE-BLOCKED the same names AFTER the " suppose " 30-day blocklist cleaning from linden labs.

Noted: I NEVER private message neither one of these residents.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
12 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

1. You can only block someone up to 30 days before linden cleans the list.

no, the list stays as it is

12 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

2. The resident blocked, is only removed when the account is canceled/banned

the name still can be there, same as on friendslist and groups .. but means not the account is active

13 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

3. If you IM them, that takes them off the blocklist.

yes, this it true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no, the list stays as it is

the name still can be there, same as on friendslist and groups .. but means not the account is active

yes, this it true

 
 

If the names stay there. Then can you answer this question? How come the names on the list disappear? I never took the names off the blocklist, I never private message either.  Everytime I log into my account the names on the blocklist are gone. So if they're suppose to be permanent. How come they don't stay on the blocklist?

Edited by Minx Kurosawa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

If the names stay there. Then can you answer this question. How come the names on the list disappear. I never take the names off the list, or even IM them at all. Yes the names on the list are gone by the time i log in the next day. I don't get it. Aren't they suppose to stay there like you just stated?

yes ... unless you IM them, or send something, objects or payments.

But are we really talking about blocking/muting... because i know the derender function has a two settings... temporal and always, the temporal will be lifted after relog.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes ... unless you IM them, or send something, objects or payments.

But are we really talking about blocking/muting... because i know the derender function has a two settings... temporal and always, the temporal will be lifted after relog.

 
 
 

Yea we are talking about blocking/muting. I haven't IM'd neither the residents on the blocklist. Once they're there all communication is cut off completely. It's just frustrating having to re-block/mute them every time because the list is cleaned out. I never clean it. I don't know how to block/mute them permanently.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Alwin is right.  I have only ever blocked/muted two people in ten years, and they are still on my blocked list.  (One of them actually died in 2009, so I should probably unblock her now.)  Linden Lab doesn't have the time or inclination to go emptying your block list, or even having an automated system do it.  The only function that is even vaguely related to that is a ban list that you set up for a region or parcel, which may have a time limit if you wish, and which does have a cap (of 500 people, I think).  There's nothing like that for your personal block list.

So, if people are disappearing from your list regularly, you are either accepting IMs or inventory from them or there is something wrong with your account.  I can't imagine what could go wrong, but Linden Lab may be able to figure it out if you submit a support case or -- if it's well documented -- a JIRA report.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You have a local cached copy of the block list stored on your computer.
Sometimes that local copy fails to load or it becomes corrupted.  You will then see an empty block list or some names missing from the block list. It's similar to what happens when you have missing inventory caused by a broken viewer cache on your computer, even though the inventory is stored on the LL servers, the same as the block list.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/13/2017 at 5:18 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

You have a local cached copy of the block list stored on your computer.
Sometimes that local copy fails to load or it becomes corrupted.  You will then see an empty block list or some names missing from the block list. It's similar to what happens when you have missing inventory caused by a broken viewer cache on your computer, even though the inventory is stored on the LL servers, the same as the block list.

thank you. I wasn't sure what it was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...