Reactivate an old account.

Bibblestar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ive had an old account on i think blocked not 100% sure but ive tried asking linden labs several times if i could reactive the account and i keep telling them the account is on an old email adress that doesnt exsist anymore. and wanted to ask them if they could clear that email and allow me to put my new email in but they keep telling me otherwise... somehow that account got blocked and i think someone reported that account and again i tried several times to reactivate it but the email that it is on is gone it doesnt work anymore so ive been desperately trying to put it on my new email... not trying to be rude but either linden labs doesnt want to help me or they just fail at it...

And i think the password is changed as well but im uncertain at this point... cuz i CANNOT ACCES THAT ACCOUNT.

Account name: s4m4nth4 Shim

i think old email is: gina199011.. (something). hotmail.com?

is there a way to reactivate that old account?

4 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Bibblestar Resident said:

Ive had an old account on i think blocked not 100% sure but ive tried asking linden labs several times if i could reactive the account and i keep telling them the account is on an old email adress that doesnt exsist anymore. and wanted to ask them if they could clear that email and allow me to put my new email in but they keep telling me otherwise... somehow that account got blocked and i think someone reported that account and again i tried several times to reactivate it but the email that it is on is gone it doesnt work anymore so ive been desperately trying to put it on my new email... not trying to be rude but either linden labs doesnt want to help me or they just fail at it...

And i think the password is changed as well but im uncertain at this point... cuz i CANNOT ACCES THAT ACCOUNT.

Account name: s4m4nth4 Shim

i think old email is: gina199011.. (something). hotmail.com?

We're all residents here, and have no special powers.

LL can't just go giving access to fallow accounts to anyone who asks. They need sufficient proof that you were actually the account owner. If you can't provide that proof, they won't reactivate the account.

If the account was banned, LL had their reason and they're unlikely to entertain requests to revise the decision.

So, if you've requested a reactivation on a banned account, that's not going to work. If you've requested reactivation on a fallow account, but are unable prove ownership, that's not going to work either.

This may be the end of the road.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bibblestar Resident said:

i dont think its banned

it's very simple, you already told you did have contact with LL and they refuse. That's not because they can't or don't want, nor fail, but because you don't provide the right information they need to verify you are the rightfull owner. And as long you don't, they will not act on this issue.

Answers as (quoting) " i think old email is: gina199011.. (something). hotmail.com? " ... won't help, they need the full info.

3 hours ago, Bibblestar Resident said:

If the email is no good, they will usually provide other methods that can be used for verification -- i.e things like providing the birth date you gave when you signed up, providing some information about people on your Friends list, etc...  So what "exactly" is the response from LL on this?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.