Search - Small parcels back in favour?

Ciaran Laval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't been paying much attention to inworld search lately but tonight decided it was about time I took a look at how the land lies, performing a search that results in over 1,000 results, I find on page one parcels as small as 320M, so is this a freak result or has the parcel size weighting disappeared again?

hmmm interesting.  Sea did say anything over 144sqm should show so perhaps they did fix it.  I have three parcels I can check but they'll take a couple of days as I'll have to put one back in search first.

As an aside, one way you can check to see if you've fallen foul of the maturity ratings filter is to check the page and look for these

meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow"

meta name="boost" content="-1" /
    meta name="mat" content="PG_NOT" /

If you have then check your objects that show in search as there'll be a naughty word in either the object name or description.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

In my point of view, it never happened.  My two mainland stores are both on obscure 512 parcels and rarely if not never had a problem landing page 1, even with competition like Curious Kitties and Dilly Dolls. (
^_^
)

It definitely happened, I had a shed load of small parcels that disappeared into oblivion in search terms when people started discussing the large parcel bias.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

meta name="mat" content="PG_NOT" /

If you have then check your objects that show in search as there'll be a naughty word in either the object name or description.

What should it say there? content ="PG"?

Afaik it should just say PG.  if you check profiles that's the way they hide the naughty ones -  they put _NOT so I'm assuming it's the same for listings, since that pg one has it.

I have a naughty word in one of the vendors that I need to remove, then I'll be able to see if the boost penalty has gone.  Although I'm not too optimistic as I have an adult parcel as well that still has -ve boost and it's got nothing apparent for the reason except for its size.

Sea did give a tip to get that animation store of mine properly ranked, apparently it was this page rank bug.  I'll find out tonight when I finally get inworld.  If the tip is right then it will be the first time it's appeared for that search term since last may..  so a big possible yay!

Parcel Rating consists of two datum separated by an underscore '_'. The first will be one of:

• PG - Currently called "General" but was previously called "PG"
  • M - Currently called "Moderate" but was previously called "Mature"
  • AO - Currently called "Adult", same as previously

The second will be one of the following:

• (blank) - No additional meaning (In this case the dividing underscore is also missing)
  • NOT - Indicates that Maturity Rating of guests is not checked before entry is allowed
  • AO - Indates that guests must have Adult Verification to enter the parcel
  • BAN - Indicates the parcel has been banned for abuse of Adult or Mature keywords

Common values you will see are:

• PG_NOT - General rating and entry allowed to all guests
  • M_NOT - Moderate rating and entry allowed to non-teen guests
  • M_AO - Moderate rating but Adult Verification required for entry
  • AO_NOT - Adult rating but Adult Verification not required by Land Options
  • AO_AO - Adult rating and Adult Verification required for entry
  • PG_BAN - Shame on you! Wash your mouth out wif soap!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.