Coping with Second Death

Sion Pearl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As others have mentioned, this is not evidence of any sort of deceit by someone.  My guess is she was Premium and one of the following happened:

1) The family finally noticed the annual fee charge and had the account deleted.  If paying annually, it can sometimes take a while for families to get all auto-charge things stopped.   When my father-in-law passed, we did not notice the first annual charge of a subscription he had.  There were just too many financial things we were still dealing with.

2) At some point the payment method failed, causing LL to lock the account and then, after 6-12 months, delete the account.

My recommendation is that you assume there really was no deceit by your inworld mother and simply cherish the good memories that you have.

Even people who fade away and return are not necessarily being deceitful. Though SL is not an "escape" for me, I know it is for some who have difficult real lives. I can't begin to understand such difficulties, so I'm slow to judge those who vanish and return. I simply hope they are well and that anyone they left behind heals and moves on, as I do.

It's pretty rare for me to encounter someone who purposely tries to hurt others. Giving the benefit of the doubt seems prudent to me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

I get the sads sometimes when I look at my friends list and I'm reminded of the ones that are never going to log in again because they've died in real life. Then I think about the ones that weren't on my friends list but I still miss them too.  Too many gone.  I suppose as we get older the likelihood of becoming closely acquainted with death becomes more frequent. I've lost both of my parents now and more friends than I can count.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Yeah, if her account had been gone, her not being in our groups would have made sense. Seeing a person still available in search, full profile and all though, and finding out their Linden home is still inworld and everything... I mean, I looked into it, I didn't just assume anything. it could have been a cleaner job, and I would never have even known.

I'd have felt better with simple honesty, is all.

Either way, people disappear, and we get on with our SLs. The mom I remember will always be there in my memories.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.