Is it possible to be hidden from view

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

There is a LSL function (script) that shows true online status.

The script will PM the owner when someone logs in.  If the owner is offline the PM will go to their E Mail where he would see you just logged in.  

Oh!

So if Kruker is using a script like this, when he logs on he is getting the PM that has been waiting for however long and the other guy is already gone by then.

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh!

So if Kruker is using a script like this, when he logs on he is getting the PM that has been waiting for however long and the other guy is already gone by then.

I agree that Pook's statement is not completely clear as written.

I'm replying with the most likely and viable answer/scenario.  Pook's 'stalker' is logging in moments after Pook having received the notification from the script.

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh!

Yep. It sounds like the other person's online/offline status is being monitored and reported by a script in something the OP keeps rezzed in-world. Any changes in status get queued in the OP's PM buffer and reported when he logs in. If the script doesn't report the time of the query in the PM, there's no way of knowing when the other person logged in/out. In that case, the OP might think the other party is logging in/out at the precise moment he is... and draw some unwarranted conclusions.

31 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yep. It sounds like the other person's online/offline status is being monitored and reported by a script in something the OP keeps rezzed in-world. Any changes in status get queued in the OP's PM buffer and reported when he logs in. If the script doesn't report the time of the query in the PM, there's no way of knowing when the other person logged in/out. In that case, the OP might think the other party is logging in/out at the precise moment he is... and draw some unwarranted conclusions.

I do think we need the OP to clarify exactly what is going on.

Most of the scripts I've seen using llRequestAgentData are set to run at one minute intervals and only report when there is a status change.

There is a slightly longer discussion about the (ab)use of this here: 

Edited by Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.