HIdden Objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Renee Loorden If you are using firestorm viewer you could use the "area search" tool and filter by your username to narrow it down to prims you own in the region. I'm not a LL Viewer user so I cant tell ya if this feature is available on the official viewer. Or if the "hidden object" has copy perms, you can return all your prims or have your landlord do it (If you don't have access to land settings).  There's also many tools on the mp that allow you to search for lost prims. Good Luck!

Edited by Lisa006 Baxton
Typos, Added Mention

47 minutes ago, Renee Loorden said:

Could anyone tell me how to 'see' hidden objects? I have an item of furniture I've installed and seem to have 'lost; it...Silly, I know.

Define 'hidden'...

If it's invisible, crtl+alt+t will toggle invisi-squint mode and all transparent/translucent objects show up in red.

If you just miss-rezzed it or miss-edited it and its somewhere on your parcel, well thats easy, furniture yes? I'll assume it's scripted in some way, poses and such or even just a sit-positioner.

Open the 'About Land' panel from the menu, or a toolbar button or by right clicking on the ground on your parcel. First tab on the panel has a button at the bottom left called 'script info' click that a new panel will appear, wait a bit (or click the refresh button) and it will show a list of EVERY scripted item on the property, the list includes the coordinates of the item and a highlight option, that will put a marker on your map that you can teleport to, or fly to, works a damn sight better than Lagstorms 'area search' for scripted items because it's not range limited, doesnt matter if you put your sofa into low eareth orbit, script info will find it.

• Like 1

Sorta along the same lines: Build / Pathfinding / Linksets is handy for locating any stuff on the sim that you can move, with "Show beacon" and "Teleport me to it" options.

Incidentally, "highlight transparent" won't show surfaces that are textured below an Alpha Masking threshold; to view items compose only of such surfaces, all I know is to surround them in the Build tool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

Sorta along the same lines: Build / Pathfinding / Linksets is handy for locating any stuff on the sim that you can move, with "Show beacon" and "Teleport me to it" options.

Incidentally, "highlight transparent" won't show surfaces that are textured below an Alpha Masking threshold; to view items compose only of such surfaces, all I know is to surround them in the Build tool.

I use the Linksets to locate items because of the teleport option. When I have to update dozens of kitchens in model homes, I can zip from place to place. And it is sim-wide. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.