Skill gaming changes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

I'm surprised this is not out here yet.

Was this expected and I missed  it?

First thoughts...

1. Right wing white old guy on the Bigot-belt ticket... Fun is bad, doing this sends a nice "we hate fun too" message, to make up for their "we hate mr bad-wigs foreigner ban"

2. Many of the 'skil game operators' have, no doubt, after paying to regisater and paying for special land and paying for special games, lapsed into running games that are... less skilled and more lucky to try and attract enough trade to make good on their investment, and LL didn't  officially notice or do much.

3. Somebody has officially brought it to their notice, possibly some external fun-hater dedicated to eradicating games of chance from RL, forcing them to act inworld.

Ultimately it wont make any difference, LL got the squeeze from Don Bastardo Tortellini, Capo de Tutti Capi, and now the Don and his 'Family' are... an embarassment, too bad, so sad, bye bye!

SL's chance addicted residents will simply have to resort to more traditional ways of losing money, like mainland property speculation and breedables auctions...

Ahhhhh!

So, close skill gaming, shut down all operators, then reopen with brand new applications, that could be...

The expulsion of Don Tortellini's Mafioso a 'clean up sl' purge, or...

A desperate bid to gather a new round of gaming mobster squeezr to fill the Sansar money Pit, or...

Probably both...

I own exactly ONE gacha item, I got it in a group giveaway where a gacha addict was clearing their inventory so they could TP without having to book a week in advance, and "who wantsd a pair of fantasy eyes still boxed before i delete  them" so I said ok, they were actually quite nice.

Gacha addiction is something I just don't get, but then, hearing from an aquaintance that she spent 5k a week on meeroo chow, and half her life at auctions simply because she theorised that breedables auction people were inhernently into D/s, and thought it a good way to pick up kinky people for dungeon machinima sessions made no sense to me either, would have been cheaper to just hire kinky SL actors...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.