Username issue

BIyke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I was kinda curious if anyone could help me with a username issue.. well I would'nt say it's an issue more like a question, I was trying to make my user name on SL BLYKE but apparently the username is taken and when I looked for the name on the user data base ( BLYKE user) there seemed to be no trace of any avatar that uses that name, and I was curious if I could perhaps take that name because I had to make my name different using a "i" instead of a "L" and I really want that name so if anyone could point me in the right direction on where to go when it comes to this stuff that would be great. I don't wan't to have to make a completely new account either, if it's possible that the name becomes available. :matte-motes-smitten:

A username can only be used once. Even if an account was cancelled and closed ten years ago, the name is still blocked.

Even the slightest change in spelling should be ok in this case though-

BIyke wrote:

but apparently the username is taken and when I looked for the name on the user data base (
) there seemed to be no trace of any avatar that uses that name,

I think that base is only for this forum so if a person never logged in here, you won't find their username in that list.

(Edit: Actually, the username Blyke Resident, which is what you would have got today, can't be as old as ten years since they had last names too back then. But the principle still applies: Apart from one known special exception, a username can never be changed or reused.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.