"Territory of complete geekdom"

ChadUnfroyd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually, I suspect SL will see some technical improv ements BECAUSE of Project Stupid...

They come up with some idea for Stupid, so they code it into SL so they can use us as live crash test dummies and work out all the failings BEFORE  adding it to Stupid, so the reviews wont be bad. Bad reviews of the feature in SL won't count because... SL is obsolete abd dying, right?

Forgive me for hoping improvements to SL would be becausze they wanted SL to be better, rather than cynically using us as test subjects so the rich tech illiterate VR cyber geeks can have fewer problems on launch day in you-know-where...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klytyna wrote:

Actually, I suspect SL will see some technical improv ements BECAUSE of Project Stupid...

They come up with some idea for Stupid, so they code it into SL so they can use us as live crash test dummies and work out all the failings BEFORE  adding it to Stupid, so the reviews wont be bad. Bad reviews of the feature in SL won't count because... SL is obsolete abd dying, right?

Forgive me for hoping improvements to SL would be becausze they wanted SL to be better, rather than cynically using us as test subjects so the rich tech illiterate VR cyber geeks can have fewer problems on launch day in you-know-where...

SL and Sansar are very separate -- something tested in SL wouldn't transfer to Sansar without a rewrite. If LL was smart (it might happen) the Sansar developers weren't allowed to see the SL source code at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.