How Do I Make a Gift Box That Actually Gives Things?

Salome Kayor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everyone in my RP Sim, GoT Westeros (You should totally check it out. Nice people) has put gifts under a community Christmas tree. The boxes contain things that everyone can take. I'd like to participate, but I don't know how to make a box with stuff in it that friends can touch and receive.  

I'm inept!  :( 

Can anyone help me? 

Salome Kayor

I will also add... make sure that the stuff you put in the box is copyable or only the first person will get it.

There is another way to do it:-

1. Create the box (and texture it if you want to)

2. Put copyable stuff into it's Contents (that's in Edit > Content tab).

3. Also in Edit, near the bottom of the General tab, set it so that anyone can copy it.

The difference between the two methods is that, with the first, you can leave the Click property (General tab) to Buy Object so that a person only needs to click it, and then click in the small window that opens to buy it. With the second method, a person needs to right click it and then click Take.

A word about permissions in case you didn't know. 

If you want to give to one person anything in the box must be transferabel.  If you want all the people there to  be able to get a copy you yourself have to have copy transfer permissions on the items and should change the next owner permissions to copy or transfer.  Whether they are mod or not makes no difference.  Of course if you created it, you can use any permissions you care to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.