Newbie with clothing HUD questions

KeithSmyaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1st, I have no clue how to contact designers or people in general.
2nd I bought tanks that had 19 colors with HUD.
I clicked on the HUD to attach it. I clicked on center but nothing showed up in my screen.
So I went to another designer for jeans and a HUD for different color jeans. I attached and clicked center. A picture showed up, I clicked on it but I have NO CLUE how to get or apply a different color jean.
If anyone could help this newbie ( me), I would appreciate it.
Also, if I do get to use another color, can I put it in my inventory or do I have to save it to my closet?

Generally when you buy something with a HUD you should use 'Add', rather than attaching it to a position you designate.  The creator will have positioned it already.  To resolve the disappearing HUD, attach the HUD again, and right click and choose edit in your inventory.  You will now see arrows on screen so that you can pull the HUD ionto the correct position.

To use colour/texture change HUDs you must first make sure that you are on land that allows scripts to run.  Simply left click on the colour you want.

To contact anyone in world you should first check their profile and see how they prefer to be contacted, either by IM or notecard.  If by IM just IM them.  If by notecard, create a notecard in your inventory, fill in your message, save it and drop it into their profile.

You can save your outfits or not.  There is no 'putting it in your inventory'.  You have the item and the HUD so there is no need todo anything except choose the colour you want to wear.

Have you checked that you are on script enabled land?  If so, try a relog.  If it still doesn't work, and I'm assuming these are mesh clothing items, then it's possible that there is a script problem.  I would contact the seller and ask for their assistance. 

Bear in mind that at this time of year a lot of merchants won't be around a lot, so you might have a bit of a wait.  

I wonder, was there a demo available for these items?  If demos are available it's always a good plan to try those first.

I'm sure that with patience and the right approach you will get this resolved.

You didn't say who the designer is but, with most color change huds, you are presented with a palette that shows the different colors and textures...Something like this   https://gyazo.com/f973c5ef361a2174d35f096880dc7e91 or this  https://gyazo.com/00fe9b68b8c8401b4486a92b1785ebd3  On the latter, if you look where the buttons the red arrow is pointing to, those indicate the areas that have texture change and shows the options, like this for the button the red arrow was pointing to. https://gyazo.com/e544c59cd4a8eadac120b38d8bd3c3d0 The opening page was just a picture of the item. 

Hope that helps.

tyvm for ur help.

i got them to work but i have seen that even tho i save different colors in my closet, they all come out to be the same color or last color i used.

as for dragging the HUD down to a location better suited for me to see, i tried the arrows and that doesnt move the HUD.

not sure what im doing wrong.

I have seen items advertised that say you can save the colors for a particular outfit so every time you use it it is the right color, but I have not yet figured out how to sort that out. I just make sure the color hud is saved with the outfit, so when I go back to the outfit that had red boots with a red shirt, after wearing those same boots in black to match a black dress, and the boots are now black, I can easily change them back to red without having to hunt down the hud. Once you are wearing the outfit and ready to go out in the SL world, delete the hud because it adds to your scripts, just leave it saved in the outfit itself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.