Land Auctions

Odelia Emmons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder if the current bid amount is showing as (for example) 5,000 and you enter a max bid amount of 20,000, if another bidder has a max bid amount of 15,000, does your bid appear as 15,010 rather than 5,010 because 15,010 would be the lowest possbile winning bid, given the other bidder's max of 15,000.  That is the only thing I can think of that would explain the big jumps you're seeing.  Just a theory...  given the amounts those Horizon parcels are going for, I'm not going to test it out :)

What happens is there are a lot of people that are bidding in that particular auction.  Many people enter a maximum amount they are willing to pay and the software will automatically enter the next highest bid from the last bid.  This continues until the maximum amount is reached then it stops bidding.  If a lot of people use this proxy system, you can see a very rapid rise in the bid in the blink of an eye. 

If you decide to use this method yourself, be assured if you enter for example $20,000, the auction software only bids in the smallest increment allowed until no one else tops you.  If the highest bid that wins is $8,010, and  you won, that's all you pay.  You don't pay your maximum. 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.