where i get url server for sl notifier

pabrkt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

On 11/9/2016 at 2:03 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Try asking your question a different way. I think most of us are having a hard time figuring out what you mean.

He's talking about the mobile app in settings. Without the URL for the second life server, you can't IM anyone not teleport (although idk how you can use the teleport in the mobile app.)

IMG_4011.PNG

You get a server's URL from the HELP->ABOUT... in a viewer. It looks like:

You are at 170.2, 2.5, 36.4 in Fishergate located at sim10674.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.53.36:13008)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fishergate/170/2/36

I do not know if the sim10674 changes with each grid restart. You'll have to experiment. 

The SLURL above isn't, it is a URL that sends you to the maps page, probably not what you need. The 'Visit...' button of the maps page will give a real SLURL: secondlife://FISHERGATE/170/2/36. This may be what you need for the app. Again, experiment. 

Edited by Nalates Urriah
correction

17 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I do not know if the sim10674 changes with each grid restart.

It does change.

I had a case recently where my home location was extremely laggy. The original data for the support request included this: "You are at [...] located at sim10596.agni.lindenlab.com [IP blabla]". After the requested region restart, the sim reported as sim10398.agni.lindenlab.com.

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It does change.

Yes, as far as I know, regions have been moved around randomly on different physical servers for the past several years.  I am not sure how often the hosting changes, but there is certainly no guarantee that your region will be on the same machine today that it was on last week.  Also, because a single server can host more than one region -- the number depends on the type of region -- there is no guarantee that your region will share a server with the same regions that were on that machine last week either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.