2007 Account

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was able to recover an account that dates back to February 2007. I have two questions: 

1. Would getting premium on that character include any grandfathered stipend bonus? 

2. I am wondering if I have an account even older than this. I could have sworn I played before 2005. But I wouldn't know the email address. Does LL ever help recover really old accounts like this? To recover this 2007 one they asked me some security questions. I wonder if they could look up my name, dob, and geographic location at the time of the account. I'm just curious if anyone has ever gone down this route of finding an account without being able to remember the email. 

The answer to 2:

If you know the name of the accounts avatar you can file a support ticket and explain you don't know the email address anymore.  You may be asked the answer to any security questions you had at the time and/or you may have to submit RL id documents to prove you are the owner, etc.  LL will tell you what they need and how to submit it.  If you don't know the avatars name, then you are out of luck.

Note that you will be charged $9.95 for re activating the account and your inventory may no longer exist.  LL can't guarantee an inventory that old will still be around.  It probably won't make any difference though as anything is way out of date anyway.  However you may feel the loss of any sentimental items such as pictures you had.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

The answer to 1 is no unless you've paid premium all along. If you go premium now, you'll get what the current stipend is.

That's incorrect unless it's changed very recently. It doesn't matter for 2007 accounts, as Phil explains, but across the street (whither I dare not link lest this trashy Lithium installation kill my post) the word is: "As long as the account was created on or before July 20th of 2006, you get the 500. Created from July 21st 2006 to Oct 31 2006, you get 400. Nov 1 2006 on, you get the 300." I know that worked about a year ago when I upgraded one of those L$400/wk accounts that had been Basic for years.

There was also a L$50/wk stipend just for logging in during the week. As I understand it, those stipends are still paid (not sure about the login criterion), but I believe there is no way to reinstate that stipend if ever the account is made Premium.

It does make sense that they keep track of whether an account has ever been Premium, to avoid paying over and over that one-time "bounty" for upgrading the account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.