Can I turn off the "Teleport completed" pop-ups?

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can I turn off the "Teleport completed" pop-ups?

I mean, I know the teleport has completed - I'm there. The pop-up goes over where I like to keep a HUD and gets in the way.

I've tried before with some settings I found in the viewer, but nothing seemed to stop that message. Maybe I missed one...

I use Firestorm.

ETA: It does not seem to be the "Use Stand-alone windows for Teleport History"; it is already unchecked. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've searched the Alerts settings (again) and can't find anything there to stop it. That's where I thought I would find it.

ETA2: Yeah, debug settings are another place I was trying to find something I checked those particular settings and they are already set as you say. Hmm.... so yours go into local chat - that would be better if I can't get rid of them alltogether. Maybe I changed something once to make it the way it is now... I wonder what...

I haven't asked in the support group yet, but I will.

The message says "Teleport completed from ...", with a little x to close the translucent pop-up.

8 answers to this question

See if Preferences/User Interface shows the box for Use Stand-alone windows for Teleport History checked.  If so, uncheck it.

EDIT:  There's gotta be something.  I use FS too, and my teleport completions show up in local chat, not in the notifications chicklets. Have you tried asking in the in world Firestorm Support Group?

FURTHER EDIT:  Aha.  Try Debug/Show Debug Settings.  Type teleport into the search box.  Find "floater_rect_fs_teleporthistory.  Make sure all values are set to 0.  And the next setting, floater_vis_fs_teleporthistory.  Set it to FALSE.

• Like 3

Make sure your advanced menu is visible at the top of the screen. If not open preferences Ctrl+p > Advanced tab > tick the "show advanced menu" box. Next close preferences and click Advanced from the menu at the top of the screen > show debug settings > type "FSShowBackSLURL" into the debug settings window search box > set it to FALSE > done!

• Thanks 2

On 6/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, Morgana Hilra said:

I believe this is what they were referring too.

2ddfbde05933ac0094676365021a1405.png

Might not be what the OP was on about but damn, I sure would like to know how to turn those annoying things OFF!

Can't believe this is not an option yet, specially with everyone trying multiple times to port into loaded event sims...trust me we all know when a port fails, we do not need the damn popup reminding us we didn't get in, its pretty bloody obvious!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raya Darkthorn said:

Might not be what the OP was on about but damn, I sure would like to know how to turn those annoying things OFF!

Read Lindal's answer, back in November 2016:

On 11/5/2016 at 12:22 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

FURTHER EDIT:  Aha.  Try Debug/Show Debug Settings.  Type teleport into the search box.  Find "floater_rect_fs_teleporthistory.  Make sure all values are set to 0.  And the next setting, floater_vis_fs_teleporthistory.  Set it to FALSE.

That is specific to the Firestorm viewer.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:13 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Read Lindal's answer, back in November 2016:

That is specific to the Firestorm viewer.

I only use the firestorm viewer, and it didn't work but, they had the correct assumption. That insane floater that tells me my tp failed. It's like.. No! Really?

lol

Actually, the important information is not that the TP failed.  As you noticed, that much is obvious.  The important part is WHY it failed.  That's not obvious.  If the message simply told you that the TP failed, you might be left wondering.... Was it something I did?   Doesn't that region exist any more?  Have I been banned?  Was I wearing the wrong group tag?  Since the message tells you the reason, you can just walk away muttering about &%$^%!! crowds and come back later when everyone has left.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.