can i run two different avatars at same time on same sim?

lhasa1241

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes, assuming that you have clicked the selection in Preferences >>> Advanced that allows you to use multiple viewers and that your computer is capable of handling the load without overheating.  You can run as many seperate instances as your hardware can handle, no matter where they are in SL. When I am working, I often have an alt with me for testing.  That's pretty common.

• Like 2

An alternative to the method Theresa and Rolig suggested is to simply launch two different viewers.

The only real limits are how much load your computer can handle and, of course, how many alts you are allowed to have. Somebody ocne told me in a group I'm in that he had logged on more than a hundred alts at the same time from a single computer, using the Radegast lightweight viewer. Those were bots of course, not manually controlled alts but that only increased the load on the client.

Alt is short for alternative account or something like that. You are allowed to have more than one account in SL and each account is treated as a separate person. There is a limit to how many alts you are allowed to have, I think the maximum is five for each household, but if you really need more you can ask LL for permission to have them.

There are several reasons why people may want to have alts. Role players may want to have several separate characters, builders and scripters need alts to test how their builds and scripts work for other people, merchants may want to have separate private and business accounts and so on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.