Ok I did something stupid...

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Had it not turned out that way and the bid went through, you do have the option of filing a ticket saying you don't want it.

This used to be easier to do, but it was deliberately made harder because people abused the system, just to jack up prices in general, bid on a lot of parcels, keep others out of the market, and then essentially do chargebacks. I think the Lindens control this better now.

It is put in your name inworld to sale for you, and if you opt not to take it, and file a ticket, it will be taken back.

If you buy it, it will immediately raise your tier (it takes you through menus asking you if you want it).

There may be something different and changed -- I haven't gone on the auctions in about a year because they are so unscrupulous -- but that's about it.

Another thing you could have done was post ad offering it for sale even before the auction and explaining what happened -- then someone might take it off your hands and you'd reimburse yourself. BUT the down side to that is that in order to take possession of it such as to sell it again, you'd have to tier up. Even a second of tiering up is billed as a higher level for that whole month.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.