Emerald Viewer still disallowed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

some older versions of it are still allowed...but i think most people that were using those switched to phoenix finally..i haven't seen any old emerald viewers on the grid for a few months now..

ETA: Sorry that was a reply to the OP not  to you Ophelia ..sorry about that..still getting used to the new forums ..hehehehe 

Kirstens isn't bad, but I see nothing special in it to recommend it for users that aren't doing inworld photography or machinima. I suppose it has a slight edge over V2 in that the UI isn't quite as intrusive, and you get RLV support... but that's about it.

Kirsten's is basically viewer 2 with proper shadows. Which means that it looks great if your PC meets its immense hardware requirements, but the interface sucks as much as LL's official viewer does. And if you turn off the shadows, it looks as crappy as any other v2-based viewer. If you're used to Emerald, you're best off downloading Phoenix.

Then there is  Firestorm which is Phoenix's version of the V2 viewer as well which is on it's second pre-alpha..

it's becoming more adjustable..even having the older style profiles which were just added..it has the RLV as well and you can use the side bar if you want or get rid of it..

I don't believe they have the radar working on this one yet  but i could be mistaken..I use both phoenix 977 and Firestorm..i actually have never crashed on Firestorm yet and get faster rezz times..but really phoenix rezzes pretty fast as well..the random crashes  just kind of turn me off it some..but i'm sure it's some setting i am missing that could fix that..

some say FS runs like crap for them while phoenix will run great..then others it's the other way around..

If you are looking at getting used to the V2..i would go that direction of Firestorm..if you are wanting to stay with the 1.23's and an emerald fan..then phoenix ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.