Nortons Antiviral and/or its firewall won't let me hear Second Life sound.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last week or so, Nortons Antiviral and/or its firewall won't let me hear Second Life sound. (My computer lets me hear sound from other sources, e.g. from Wikipedia.) It started when my Nortons upgraded itself. Please, what must I do in what part of my Nortons to get it to let my Second Life transmit Second Life sound?

Some real advice.  uninstall it,  norton is nothing but trouble and bloatware.    I know you'll need an antivirus.  so suggestion avast or avg.  knowing it's the same company now.   but never had a problem with it, even using avast on the corperate level.   so just a suggestion as fixing norton is a real waste of time as norton does what norton wants.

This is a curious case.

I've never observed an Anti-Virus program that blocks audio. Norton doesn't have control over volume or... audio "channels" as mentioned in your post.

Until it makes more sense I don't have much advice. I'd say the coincidental timing of the Norton update is just that... coincidental.

Devan Miami wrote:

Stick with windows, and you'll always need an antiviral resourse hog,  report me all you want,  it's real.

It's not Windows. Whatever is the most popular operating system will require the need of anti-virus software. In other words, if most people went over to what you use, you would need anti-virus software and Windows users wouldn't need any.

CaptainJack Grauman wrote:

All I know is: My loss of SL audio coincided suspiciously to a few minutes with my Nortons automatically upgrading itself. What can I do in my SL or in my Nortons to try to get my SL audio back?

Correlation is not causation.

I don't know. There isn't enough useful information in your posts to guess what's gone wrong.

I'd suggest asking an expert in your real life (either a friend, family member or someone at a store). Norton have a customer support contact, but I doubt it stretches as far as helping you resolve PC problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.