I need help. I got STATUS_NO_CONNECTION ERROR. I can't cross and teleporting out of region.

AnukManeewong1260

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got Request Timed out in Ping Window and I Can't teleport and Cross these Region. Due to My Networking Problem for My 3BB 100mbps Fibre Connection. anyone can help to reproduce these problem. Restarting an Router is Not Work. DNS Cache Cleaning is Not work. Contacted an ISP Provider will take many time. anyone can help to Reproduce the Problem to me.

2 answers to this question

It does sound as if you have a problem with a long ping time.  Open your statistics window (CTRL + Shift + 1) to take a look.  Ping Sim is very near the top of the display.  In North America, you should expect a ping time on the order of 50 to 80 msec unless you are on a satellite connection (definitely not recommended).  The farther you are from the Linden Lab servers in California and Texas, the longer your ping time will be.  SL residents in Australia and Japan typically have ping times well over 150 msec.  They complain regularly about lag, rubber banding, and teleport problems. Anyone will experience some periods of abnormally high ping time, no matter where they are, but if your own normal ping time is more than 200-300 msec, you have a problem.  If it's due to your own local connection and equipment, you may be able to improve things.  Otherwise, all you can do is hope that your ISP can.

You can test your connection to see where the problem is. Use this information: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

In Preferences set your maximum bandwidth to 1500. This is a setting that has way more to do with what the server is doing than what your actual connection speed is. Generally use 80% of your spped or 1500, whichever is smaller.

DNS problems can prevent connection. I explain how to deal with those in the article.

You haven't given us much to go on. When asking questions open the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy paste that info with your question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.