After uninstalling"Raptr" suddenly I cannot log in to SL. Says close the program. A problem?

Annielove Welles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a strange program which I downloaded called Raptr, which I have never previously used but I downloaded it since it popped up as a necessary download.  I did not know it was some sort of game.  I uninstalled it and then right afterward I seemed to have trouble logging on to SL.  An error message appears from Windows saying "A problem has caused SL to stop working, please close the program".  I have uninstalled and reinstalled SL, but I keep getting the same error message, and now I am unable to log on at all.  What can I do?

3 answers to this question

if you get such programs as updates i would first start with cleaning your machine, i guess you have some pretty bad spy/add ware installed...or might be triggered by another connected program as "usefull...."coughs ... tool

Check your virus and spam protection, and be sure it is up to date.

Do a clean install for S, reset your connection and try again.

If that fails, add some info to your post and add at least your system info, you can find that in the help menu of the viewer. (copy/paste)

A quick Google search will point you to http://support.raptr.com/support/solutions/articles/5000541606-why-was-amd-gaming-evolved-installed-on-my-pc-without-my-permission- , which explains how you got Raptr on your machine.  It's basically a bit of bloatware designed to gather marketing information from gamers and then send them invitations to other games.

You should be able to delete it from your machine the same way you would uninstall any oither program, using your Control Panel's Uninstall function.  If you have trouble with your SL viewer, that's probably unrelated.  Whether it is or not, though, the solution there is to do a CLEAN reinstall.  Instructions are here >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.