How do I reclaim a yearly subscription payment ?

ronniemacell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You say you were "under the impression" but you don't seem sure of whether you canceled or downgraded. 

I recently took a looooong break from SL. I only returned when I noticed my bank had been charged the yearly premium fee. I decided, "eh, why not. I've already paid for it." It was great to log in and see how much that weekly stipend had added up while I was away. Time for a shopping spree! 

The rule is this: You will be charged monthly/annually until you DEFINITELY cancel your membership. They don't ask you in a year if you want to renew. They renew unless you tell them otherwise. In this sense, it IS an authorized charge. You agreed to an annual/monthly charge when you upgraded your membership.

My advice is to downgrade now to save yourself that surprise fee but enjoy your lindens since you have them. I returned, and actually even upgraded an alt to premium as well to enjoy even a larger stipend and more land to purchase tier-free. 

• Like 6

See the TOS:

Sect 4.3 .... " ... if you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so."

Sect 4.4  .....  "Linden Lab does not accept returns or provide refunds of any amounts paid for products or services purchased from Linden Lab."

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.