Made a MP purchase 12 days ago received wrong item now listing is gone

Tytia Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so I purchased an item from MP 12 days ago. Get the item inworld and it's the wrong item. Some cheap posters that are useless to me. So I immediately contact the seller to tell her that there has been a mistake and I did not receive the item I paid for. No response.

I send another Notecard and an IM thinking perhaps she missed it a few days later. Still no response.

So I figure give her a few days to get back online as RL does happen....nothing

So today I check the listing and after only 12 days the listing is not there????

I was able to leave feedback for the listing but when I hit on the link it brings me  to the home page of MP.

What the heck? So a seller can remove a listing if they don't want to deal with it??? Give a buyer whatever they feel like giving or nothing at all it might as well be and we have no recourse???

I know my contacting LL will be futile since reading all the info here. I still have all the transaction info but what good is it if I can't even see the transaction anymore in MP.

I would really like to stop BAD SELLERS like this. I don't take kindly to just giving my money away and I don't imagine others do either. So frustrating.

Tytia wrote:

I know my contacting LL will be futile since reading all the info here. I still have all the transaction info but what good is it if I can't even see the transaction anymore in MP.

You can always try. Linden Lab will still have all the info from the deleted listing so they can do somethng about it if they want to and have time.

Tytia wrote:

What the heck? So a seller can remove a listing if they don't want to deal with it???

Check the store and see if they have relisted it. If they have, flag the new listing.

Tytia wrote:

Didn't mention she is a CEO of a business in SL too.

Anybody can open a business or "business" in SL and call themselves CEO.

Thank you for your responses. I tried to contact LL but support is down. I will try again later.

This person did not relist the item, thank you for that info too. She does have 1000's of listings though. I feel sorry for the next person to get burned.

I actually went to the shop she claims to be CEO of inword it is a mesh eyes shop and she is on the vendors. It just bothers me that obviously she has received my messages since she removed the listing.

But everyone is right, not all sellers are honest. Sad.

it is totally possible you bought a limited quantity item... disappeared item means not much in that case, only that there are none available anymore. Be carefull what you state about the seller.

Because you don't say a lot about the item you bought... and we can't check, it can be you really got what you bought...

Alwin Alcott wrote:

it is totally possible you bought a limited quantity item... disappeared item means not much in that case, only that there are none available anymore. Be carefull what you state about the seller.

It is also possible it was taken down by LL, not the seller. Some other buyer may have flagged it before you could do it.

It was a limited gacha item. But still the seller didn't even attempt to contact me. And say LL did remove the item...still the seller should have contacted me.I tried enough ways.

I didn't unpack the item and could have sent it directly back to her so she could see the box did not contain the item I purchased. It has her name on it.

And even still, the fact it is limited. So what... you sell something on MP that is limited and if something goes wrong just keep the buyers money.

I have made purchases on MP for many years and have had a few  issues but they were quickly resolved by the seller.

She should have taken back the item she gave me which by the way she is selling as we speak for 60L and returned my linden at best. The item I purchased was 800L.

It isn't even the money at this point, it's about doing the right thing. This is just wrong and there is nothing I can dol LL will not help resolve it. So she walks away with my linden and I can't even warn anyone else about her bad selling habits.

Sad

(This post may turn up twice. I posted it and then edited it and suddenly it had vanished without a trace. Not sure what happened - I may have hit Delete rather than Edit by accident - but I'll try again)

Tytia wrote:

It was a limited gacha item.

If it's a dodgy gacha reseller you can try this if you like:

• Go to one of the store's listings
  • Right-click on the page and select "Show Source Code"
  • Look for the line starting with <meta name="keywords"
  • Copy one or more of the spam kewords (that is those that don't match the item)
  • Do a store search for one or more of those keywords and flag the mismatches - most likely you'll only need one search to flag the entire store

You should also open a support case at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ to inform LL of which keyword you flagged the listings for. Also, there are some cases where flaggings seem to get lost in the system and are never acted on but a support case you can reopen and remind them if they don't react.

If there are too many TOS violating listings to flag them all, you can just skip that part and only open a support case. (Remember to tell them why you didn't flag, they'll understand that).

There was another MP fraud thread here recently and if I understood Dakota Linden's replies there right, LL is very keen to catch MP cheaters so it shouldn't take more than a day or three before they've cleared out the whole store.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with many Gacha listings, (as I have posted about in this forum), is that they're frequent use of similar images can lead to mispurchases of items you may expect.

Also, on the seller end, I can imagine it can be quite confusing over 30 items being listed - using similar product images - and possibly uploading the wrong image (circled or indicated).

In other words, it could be an honest mistake, and since it is a Gacha item, sold in limited quantities, and could disappear quicker than the merchant realizes.

You are correct though in expecting a response, but since many Gacha items already are accompanied with a 'no refunds' kind of policy, perhaps the seller simply doesn't care to address it.

Thats the risk of Gacha, and on the seller's end - a greater risk of getting mixed up when listing multiple products using the same product image.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.