Smoke particles drifting onto my land?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seem to have smoke particles drifting onto my land from a neighboring parcel.  The land in question is Mainland property, by the water.  Often the wind seems to blow small gray translucent squares over my dock.  They look like the particles emitted by fire and similar things in SL.  Is there any way for to stop them at the edge of my property?

There is no way to "stop" the particles.

You can block them so they don't appear (rez) for you.

See: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-abuse-and-harassment/ta-p/1339983

and:  https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Blocking/ta-p/700121

Or you can ask the neighbor if the particles are Mod and they can change the time to die so they vanish before reaching your parcel.

Ricky Shaftoe wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I may contact the person, as you suggest.

Yes, that is always the first thing you should try. :)

Talking to people to solve problems seems to go against the very foundations of Second Life culture but it's amazing how often it works and it doesn't cost anything to try.

Ricky Shaftoe wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I may contact the person, as you suggest.

Is it possible to change the wind direction?  I'm almost certain the answer is no.  
:)

Wind is simulated and tends to vary constantly. Avatars can't affect it*, but it can be measured by a script function and shown onscreen through the Advanced/Developer menu (Develop > Consoles > Wind on the viewer I use). Flexible prims can be set to respond to wind, and, as you've noticed, so can particles.

*I've read that way back in SL history, a moving avatar had a small effect on local wind conditions. By moving at speed in a circle, it was possible to create a small whirlwind.

I didn't mean "delete"  obviously you can't do that.  I meant derender.  Do Ctl-Alt T.  This will show more details,  zoom in,  right click and derender. If something is coming onto your land, file a complaint under greifting. Look under help in the top drop downs... It will let you take a picture and send details.  Have husband name handy.  Good Luke. 

I didn't mean "delete"  obviously you can't do that.  I meant derender.  Do Ctl-Alt T.  This will show more details,  zoom in,  right click and derender. If something is coming onto your land, file a complaint under greifting. Look under help in the top drop downs... It will let you take a picture and send details.  Have husband name handy.  Good Luck  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.