Lind Problems

Glitterstar Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use gift cards to upload money, because in the past I've had my account hack, and lots of money upload then trade and sold, I never got that money back, so I change useing give cards that way my back account is safe, and I can still upload money to pay my land rent in SL.

So here my problem now that you know the back store, I used 3 25 dollar gift cards the other day (well 4 but one work) trying to upload 22.00 dollars into game, I got one to work but the other 3 are pending. Did you band my cards? Have you stop letting people use them? If so why, when this game is easy to hack and people cause have money taken from there RL bank accounts. If there is a way to fix this, or someone how get my 3 pending payments to get going so I can pay my land rent that be great. 

Thank you

3 answers to this question

to start, in this  "game" accounts are  never hacked, you entered your data in a malicious weblink. Or made it too easy to guess your data.

gift cards were never a official payment method, it's always been Credit Cards, wire transfer, and paypal. Later they added also Skrill, but wire transfer was abandoned.

You were lucky to have your giftcards accepted, and perhaps some will still be.

Further, it really never happened people got money taken from their bank accounts... it is simply not possible because there is NO connection between SL and rl banks for any user. There's always a party in between.

If your cards arent accepted you will have no choice than accept the payment methods as asked in the knowlegde base

CC, Paypal or skrill. ... or keep trying yours... with the risk it fails.

• Like 4

well yes my account was hack and yes money was taken from me, yes it can happen, when you bank card is link to your account, and some one hacks into your game, get on your tune uploads money, then pass it off, yes you can be hack, I have all the bank info on the matter, and this happen ages ago, and Gift cards I have been using for 3 years now, so they do work because of the kind I use, witch is a Master Card, so it like bank card. But thank you for you info

Linden Lab changed crredit processors almost a year ago.  Since then, they have accepted almost no debit cards or prepaid (gift) cards of any kind. Use a real credit card or a validated PayPal or Skrill account.  There is absolutely no risk that anyone can "hack" into your bank account, since you never provide any kind of bank account information to Linden Lab. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.