For a couple of years I owned about 16,000 m2 of land which was "donated" top a group. I recently a

Sjefke Bruhl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For two or three years I owned about 16000 square meters which was "donated" to a group to which i belonged.  The group no longer needs the land and so I abandoned it.  When I check the Land tab of the group's page it shown no parcels owned, but I am still being charged $75 per month in tier by LL even though I no longer own any land I can identify.  I don't need land right now but I have better uses for the $75 a month.  LL says I own 15.478 m2, and if so I have no idea where it might be.

3 answers to this question

Oh yes, your tier isn't automatically adjusted when you downscale your land, you have to do it manually.

Log on to the Second Lfie website, Click on "Land Manager" in the left column and then on "Land Use Fees". Then scroll down to the bottom of the page to the "Update Tier" section. Why LL has hidden this away like that? I dunno, I suppose they never thought about it...

i think it is you donated the land tier to the group, normally it goes down if you own it yourself, but donated land keeps in the group profile. Remove it there first.

If you only try to lower it in the accountpage it won't work, you really need to check the donation in the group profile

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whether you actually get CHARGED for land is usually automatic.  If you don't own land during the billing cycle, you don't get charged.  I am a little less certain about group tier donations though.  If the group no longer owns the land, you should not get charged, but I am not 100% sure that actually works.

However, even if you don't own land and your group doesn't own land, the group's "Land and $" tab will still show the tier donation until you manually remove it, and My Mainland on your Dashboard page will still show you are in the $75 per month tier bracket, until you manually change it.

Just being in a tier bracket does not necessarily mean you are paying that much per month.  Technically speaking, your tier level is your ABILITY to own X amount of mainland, not the actual amount you're paying.  You pay for what you own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.